ninety three;

Now Playing;
Eyes Don't Lie by Isabel LaRosa

     "But you don't just hate me.. do you?" Eunha was striking every nerve in his body. "Tell me why you hate me."
"It's not that fucking simple." San was trying to keep his cool and act like he didn't care, when both of them knew he did.
Eunha raised herself, faces inches from each other. "Nothing has ever been simple since the moment I met you."
"You don't know what it's like to have the one person you thought loved you betray you.." His voice was low, he tried to hide the crack in his voice as his chest grew heavy and behind his eyes stung.
"Yes, I do, San." Their eyes didn't break contact and he struggled with himself on the inside. "I loved Soojin.. and he killed my family."
"It doesn't matter, I'm too far gone. Just accept me as the evil monster you see me as."
"I don't see you as a monster, but a scared man hiding behind the four walls you've built over the last two hundred years.." San felt his heart skip a beat from her words. "Why is it so bad you open up to me?"
     "I've hurt you, I've done horrible things. You're supposed to hate me the way I hate you. That's it."
     "But you don't hate me for the reason you say you do." He growled at her words.
     "You think you know everything, don't you? Humor me then."
     "Okay, you say all of this started because of me snooping through your diary, which I believe." Eunha stared up at his face, his expression was a mixture of anger and confusion. "But what I don't believe is it's the sole reason for your behavior. You're feelings have been changing for me, and you try to hide it with excuses. Unless you're just childish enough to hold it over my head for the rest of my life."
     "You're making me want to rip you're throat out." His fangs were bared at her, but she wasn't afraid.
     "Then do it. Prove me wrong."
     "No!" He snapped at her, he couldn't bring himself to do it, and that enraged him. "I'm not going to kill you."
     "Then kiss me." San didn't even hesitate, shoving her head back into the pillow with his lips attached to hers.
     This kiss was different.
     San let go of her one wrist, hand coming to rest on her face while the other intertwined their fingers. Her free hand came up to run through his hair but he shoved it to the mattress, sliding his hand up her arm and lacing their fingers together.
The kiss made sparks fly through their veins, his control started to slip and panic filled him. He was gone in an instant, leaving his ghost against her lips.
Her eyes shot open and she watched him turn away for the door. She found herself reaching out for his arm, leaning towards him. She missed him as he was too far and fell towards the floor.
San whipped around and caught her, surprising both of them.
She was right. Weeks ago he would have let her hit the floor for her own stupidity, but he couldn't, wouldn't allow her to get more hurt than she was, because this was his fault.
The vampire lifted her and sat her back in her spot, placing the duvet where it was originally. She didn't say anything, but she didn't have to, her mind spoke to him in a way no one else's did.
"Don't make this harder than it has to be."
San went to leave again, but she succeeded in grabbing his arm this time. "Please, lay with me. I don't want to be alone.."
He stared at the door, letting her words sink in. "San, please. We don't have to make contact, just stay until I fall asleep."
San gave it a few moments to think about, but ultimately he removed her hand from his wrist and continued his venture to the door.
However, a soft sob came from behind and made him stop in his tracks. A heaviness in his chest set in and filled him with dread. His eyes fell from the door to the floor and he took a deep breath.
Eunha cried into her palms, senses filling with fear, anxiety, and sadness. They all hit at once, overwhelming her.
San tried to stop himself from turning around, but he did anyway as his eyes fell on the human. Her face was pressed into her hands, trying to muffle her cries.
There was a dip in the bed that made her look over, seeing the vampire laid beside her staring at the ceiling. "Don't cry."
Eunha laid back against the pillows and did the same, letting the silence engulf them.
The tears eventually dried up, she was able to calm herself and let the drowsiness over take her. She rolled onto her side, facing the vampire and giving him one more look before she closed her eyes.
San was still staring at the ceiling, thoughts raving through his mind. He noticed her movement, waiting a moment to look at her.
He imagined her to be staring at him, but her eyes were closed. He listened to her heart, she was still awake but slowly falling asleep.
The vampire waited for her to completely drift off before he shifted to his side. He watched her for a while, noticing how peaceful she looked while she slept.
Something he never noticed. He never wanted to notice.
Conflict rose in him, tangling the hate in his heart with the sudden overwhelming attractiveness towards the mortal.
He couldn't let this happen.