ninety one;

San was livid. He wanted to actually kill Hongjoong.
Yunho removed Hongjoong from the room, a very confused Seoho walking past. He looked into the room and almost vomited from the pungent scent. "Seoho."
Yeosang was staring at him with a look of pure rage, but not for that wolf, but for the hybrid. "What did he do to her? What does this mark mean?"
Mingi had covered her body with a sheet, maneuvering her to show him the ginormous bite on her left shoulder, right across her shoulder blade.
The wolf went cold, his face turning a pale white as he stared at it. He gulped, the vampire grew impatient. "What is it?!"
     "It's a mating mark." Yeosang sped towards the wolf and grabbed his collar.
     "What does it fucking mean?" He growled.
     Seoho flung the vampires hand off him. "It means they're soulmates now. The farther they are from each other, the weaker they become." He could feel the warmth of jealousy flow over him. "You thought he was bad about jealousy before, he'll get lethal trying to keep your hands off her. In wolf tradition, she is his mate. Wolves bite their human during their rut to keep other wolves or anyone else away."
     "I can heal it, that's my ability." Seoho gave the dark haired vampire a look of dread.
     "No, you can't." Eunha was littered with bruises, blood dripping down her back from the still fresh bite. "There is no reversal. What's done is done."
     Mingi looked down at her face. "Now I need to go check on Hongjoong, he's going to freak when he comes out of the heat."
     The wolf left the room to find the hybrid. San was still standing in his spot by the wall, eyes not leaving the human. He was still trying to soak in everything that just happened. And there was only one person to blame.
     Himself.
     He told Hongjoong how much she wanted it, to be chased and devoured. He has had early ruts before but it has been a long time, so long San forgot they were possible. This was all because of him.
     Yunho brought the hybrid out through the now busted from doors, shaking him profusely as he snapped his teeth and growled at him. "Hongjoong! Fucking snap out of it!"
     "Let me go! I have to breed her!" The look in the smaller but much stronger animal was savaged, like he was rabid.
     Suddenly, like a switch was flipped, he was down on his knees, groaning in pain. "No! No!" Yunho saw the tears that fell from his eyes before he took of into the night.
     Seoho followed their scent outside to find just the vampire. "Where is he?"
     "He left." Yunho still stared at the place in the tree where he disappeared.
     "This is just fucking great."

     All hell broke loose when the other three arrived.
     Seonghwa destroyed the entire living space in his rage of destruction after he heard. Wooyoung tried to calm him down but he ended up leaving the castle to find the hybrid.
     Jongho stood beside of San, watching her peacefully sleep. "We were gone for hours. I can't imagine.." Jongho didn't finish his sentence, the heaviness in his chest blocked his words.
     "She found a gold knife, it's right here. She worked him over pretty good but it wasn't enough.." Mingi held up the dagger that had her bloat coated on it. "There was no stab wound, meaning he probably healed her but he definitely stabbed her."
     San gritted his teeth, the thought of what happened while they were away made his stomach sick. "She was probably terrified.."
     "Since when did you fucking care?" Yeosang snapped at him.
     San looked down at the floor instead of meeting his gaze or temper. He asked himself the same question.
     Wooyoung entered the room, his first time laying eyes on her. He stood by the door, not going farther in the room. Yunho stepped in beside of him, placing a hand on his shoulder. A silent comfort.
Seonghwa was deep in the forest, following the faint trail of Hongjoong's scent.
Eventually he found him, using his speed to slam the hybrid into the tree. He didn't react the way Seonghwa thought he would, instead of lashing out at him he only grabbed his arms and looked up at him with teary eyes and wet face.
The sight made his expression change from hard to soft. "Joong-"
"You don't have to tell me what I did! I seen it all.." The hybrids grip tightened on his sleeves.
"Listen to me Hongjoong, she's going to be okay-" He cut him off again, more tears falling from his eyes.
"You don't understand Hwa! You don't know what happened! She was begging me to stop, but I couldn't.. I was hurting her.. I fucking stabbed her!" Hongjoong let out a wail, the pain of hurting his mate was spiraling in his chest.
Seonghwa let his harsh grip go, watching the hybrid slide down the tree. His breath grew more frantic and he found himself not able to breathe properly. The vampire dropped to his knees, grabbing his head and making their eyes lock. "Look at me Hongjoong! Breath." Their foreheads were connected, Seonghwa breathed along with him to guide him away from the panic.
Once he was calmed down, Seonghwa spoke again. "You can't feel guilty about this, all of us—including Eunha—know it's not your fault."
Hongjoong let out a sob. "There is nothing you could have done to stop it."
"I made her feel like I owned her. Yes, I feel jealous when she is intimate with any of you, but deep down I love seeing the relationships she is growing with not just me.. I just want her to be happy.."
"You need to go talk to her, Seoho said you're weaker when you're away from her. She needs you to be there when she wakes up." Seonghwa tried to help him stand, but Hongjoong ripped himself away from the vampire.
"No! I can't hurt her again.. my normal rut is in a couple weeks. I can't let myself get even remotely close to her." Seonghwa watched him turn into his wolf and disappear, leaving him alone.
Adrenaline came out of nowhere and he slammed his fist into the tree, snapping it to the middle.

Jongho was at her bedside when she woke up.
Seonghwa got back a while before, letting the others know that Hongjoong wouldn't be back for a while, a decision he made on his own. "Where is he?"
"He's decided to stay away from you for a while, for your safety.." Jongho spoke to her, making her look at her.
     "It wasn't his fault.."
     "Shh, it's okay. Lay down and rest, we're here if you need us."