forty six;

The moment Eunha was back in the castle, she was immediately bombarded with questions. Seonghwa and Yeosang asked her a million things, wanting to know her health status, mental state, what they did to her.
      Hongjoong sat quietly, watching every move she made, every expression. San did the same, and he knew there was something she wasn't sharing, something he would find out. Normally San wouldn't care, but he caught a glimpse in her eyes that tried to hide the timidness she brushed off while the others checked her body for any scrapes or bruises.
     Eunha looked at all the smiling faces around her, after they knew she was indeed okay. Her heart warmed, letting them engulf her in hugs. Jongho stood off to the side, almost awkwardly, Eunha walked over and pulled him into a hug. She didn't hold it long since her neck was so close to his fangs, giving a small smile before going over to where Hongjoong was sitting.
      Hongjoong stood up, knowing what she wanted and pulled her into his chest, grip so tight she could barely breathe. Eunha didn't care and enjoyed it. She half expected San to be standing behind her, wanting a hug as well but she wasn't disappointed when he wasn't even in the room.
     Yeosang gave the longest hug, not letting her leave his grasp when she tried to pull away. Eunha took the message and kept her arms wrapped around him, closing her eyes and taking in his scent of old books.
      "Are you hungry?" Seonghwa's question pulled her from her thoughts, Eunha nodded against Yeosang's chest. "Go wash up and we'll prepare something."
     He pulled away from the hug before scooping the human into his arms, Eunha yelped and gripped his neck. Yeosang carried her to his room, placing her on her feet in front of the wash room. "I'll be back with a change of clothes."
      Yeosang left her alone, leaving the room swiftly to find suitable garments. Eunha watched as he left before turning to the door and opened it, stripping of the dirtied outfit and got ready for her bath.
      The vampire returned with a set of cloths for her, placing them on the countertop. Eunha opened her eyes to find him standing by the door. "Thank you." She smiled and he walked towards her, running a hand through her still dry hair. Eunha leaned into the action, letting her eyes drift closed once more.
"I mean what I said." After a short period of silence, Yeosang spoke up, making her head twist in his direction. Their eyes met. "If anything happened to you, I wouldn't know what to do. I've grown very fond of you, My Goddess. When I seen you were alive, I've never been more happy in my entire years walking this land."
Yeosang leaned down and captured her lips in a kiss, his lips were soft and cold, comforting. By the time Eunha kissed back he was pulling away, hand leaving her hair. "I need you, to stay alive. And I'll do anything in my power to keep you safe. No one will ever hurt you again."

Eunha sat at the table with all the excited voices of the immortals, sharing jokes, stories, tales. She tried to ignore the stare from across the table, several times catching San's eyes never leaving her. She wanted to ignore it, keeping herself engulfed into the conversation that was happening beside her.
San caught glimpses of her mind, flashing scenes of several wolves, some in the forest, some in the cottage. San was determined to know what she was hiding, and he was going to find out.
The mind reading vampire wouldn't be able to get anything out of her in the presence of the others, he needed her alone. He smirked to himself, waiting patiently for the dinner to be over.
He figured the others would want to leave for the night, so he volunteered to stay in the castle and watch over Eunha. He caught the roll of her eyes when it was established, the vampires preparing for their night.
Eunha went to her room after she saw them out, grabbing the book Seonghwa gave her, the one he wrote. She got comfortable in the bed side chair, leaving one candle lit beside of her to illuminate the pages. She learned the two main characters were a female human, and a male vampire, and they met under unfortunate events.
"What did they do to you?" Eunha was startled, not sensing that anyone had entered the room. San walked into the light of the candle, not a hint of sarcasm nor room for joking.
"Why does everyone keep doing that?! You're gonna kill me one day, death by heart stopping." Eunha shut her book, turning her full attention to the vampire and his previous question.
"They kidnapped me." Eunha replied, refusing to swallow the lump in her throat and give away and suspicion. "I thought you knew that. Slow." Eunha finished with an insult, opening her book back to the previous page she was reading.
San took a step closer. "You're lying,"
Eunha sighed and looked up at him again. "Why would I lie? They obviously didn't hurt me or I would have marks." Eunha wasn't sure why she was lying, protecting the wolves who took her away from them. Maybe it was because they were deceived by a pack mate with obsessive issues. Maybe she felt bad, knowing they aren't as bad as she had imagined.
Eunha thought about Seoho, who was more human than wolf to her. San got a glimpse of his face as well, teeth gritting. Eunha pulled her eyes away from his, looking back down at her book.
San ripped the book out of her grasp and threw it on the bed, leaning forward his hands grasp each arm of the chair she was sitting in, face to face with her. "You can't lie to me, darling. One of them did something to you, I can fucking smell it, along with the horrid stench of a wet dog. Tell me or I'll make you."