thirty five;

Eunha spent the day with Wooyoung and Jongho, teaching them everything she knows about the ways of archery. The vampires seemed to pick up on it fast but weren't as good as the human. Eunha couldn't take the smile off her face, knowing she was actually starting to get the youngest vampire to actually communicate with her.
     She didn't see him as this big scary vampire that wanted to kill her anymore, she saw a young man who was abandoned but taken in by a crew of pirate vampires who did what they could to raise him, with what they knew and had. She didn't blame him for being cold towards her, he had never interacted with a human, much less a young woman.
     "Do vampires get intoxicated?" Wooyoung turned his attention to her, after placing the bow and arrows back in their spots. They were alone in the dungeon, Jongho already off for his night course.
     "Yes, but it's takes bottles. Why do you ask?" Wooyoung questioned.
     "Well, I wanted to drink the night away, but being the only intoxicated person is really boring." She replied, fiddling with her thumbs and glancing between his face and the floor.
     "Are you asking me out for a drink?" The dark headed vampire smiled almost maniacally. 
     "Maybe, only if you say yes." Wooyoung didn't answer but instead grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the dungeon and into the kitchen area. He let go at the entrance, stepping over the excess rubble and to the wine cabinet. "Anything specific?"
     "Strongest." Eunha replied back, watching the vampire grab four bottles of wine before coming back to her. "Alright, let's go."
    They made it back to Eunha's room, putting the bottles on the bedside tables. "Shit, I forget to grab wine glasses." Wooyoung sighed but Eunha cut him off.
    "Oh well, we don't need them." She popped a cork with her teeth, putting the bottle to her lips and taking a few swigs.
     Wooyoung did the same and they both sat on the end of her bed. "So, while we wait for it to kick in, tell me your favorite things."
     Eunha looked at the vampire, reading his facial expressions, looking for anything that screams traitor, liar, deceiver. But all she found was compassion, curiosity, truth. "What do you want to know?"
     "What makes your heart flutter? Your eyes shine, what makes your mind peaceful? Favorite color?" Wooyoung joked with the last, giving a reading smile and a shoulder nudge.
     "My favorite color is silver." Eunha laughed, downing another gulp of the wine, the bottle already at half.
     "Mines black and red." Wooyoung replied after taking a drink as well. "I love the smell of dew in the earlier spring mornings. The smell of my mothers cooking waking me in the morning. The feeling of the earth under my toes ." Wooyoung looked into her eyes, seeing a small twinkle.
     Eunha spoke up this time, finally deciding to open up. "I love the smell of the pine forest. Smoldering campfires, just barely lit after burning all night. I love the sound an old book makes when I open it, and the smell of old timber that hits my face. I used to lay in the field by my cottage, and stare up at the night sky, then close my eyes and feel the earth beneath me, the night wind, listen to the nocturnal animals and insects."
     Eunha stopped to take three more swigs of the wine, the feeling starting to set in as time went on. "I like to write poetry. But it's not one of those things I can do anytime. I need a muse, or an idea. It only comes when it wants." She rambled, watching the vampire gulp down the rest of his bottle.
     "That's really cool Eunha. When it comes to you, you'll have to show me your work." He gave her a smile, his hand coming up to rest on her head, patting softly before retracting.
     "Besides archery, what other combat can you do?" Wooyoung asked after a short pause.
     "I've been taught in hand-in-hand combat, I can also throw daggers." Eunha replied, moving to sit crisscrossed beside of Wooyoung, who did the same so they were facing each other.
     "That's so fucking hot." Wooyoung said, grabbing the other wine bottle and pulling the cork out with no struggle, watching Eunha down the rest of her bottle. "What's your biggest fear?"
    Eunha didn't say anything at first, just staring into the vampires eyes. "It used to be spiders... but now it's loosing the people I love."
     Wooyoung felt a pang of guilt for asking such a question. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"
     "No it's okay, it will come up sometimes, just like your past. Talking about it is easier than holding in it." Eunha replied, grabbing the open bottle from his hands, the motion making her realize the effects of the wine.
     "How did you become so wise?" Wooyoung slurred slightly, obviously feeling the effects as well.
     "My dad was what you would call a philosopher. And my mother lived a chaotic life way before she met my dad, so I guess I was raised to be that way. But look where it got me, dead parents and living with eight incredibly hot vampires." Eunha laughed at her words, taking another swing before handing it back.
     "I was a young boy when my whole village was slaughtered. My parents hid me in the safe room they had for that very reason, I was spared but when I came out the next night, everyone was killed. But Hongjoong and the others were passing by when they came across the scene, and me crying my eyes out." Wooyoung explained, taking a drink of the wine.
     Eunha stared at him with saddened eyes, grabbing his free hand and squeezing it, allowing him to continue if he wished. "They took me in and just like Jongho, raised me too. On my twenty third birthday I asked them to turn me, so we could be a family forever. Then I found Jongho years later, it was the first time I looked at a human and didn't have the urge to kill, but protect."
     "That's really beautiful Wooyoung, I'm very sorry what happened to your family and your people, but I'm very happy you opened up and shared that part of your past with me." Eunha gave him a reassuring smile, using her thumb to rub his hand soothingly. Wooyoung returned the smile, looking down almost as if he was blushing, but no pink appeared on his face.
     "See what I mean? You always know what to say, or do to make me feel better. You're so wise, my favorite thing about you." Wooyoung spoke, letting the wine talk for him.
     "What? That I'm wise of that I make you feel better?" Eunha egged on with a smirk, giggling.
    "Both."