1

After the autumn harvest, the last stubble of rice is stored in the warehouse after the last sun, and winter will begin after a few autumn rains.

There is food in the warehouse, and it is the slack season again. There are more people celebrating weddings, and the villages are also lively.

Qin Xiaoman bit a rice cake, opened the door and glanced at the sky outside, it was gloomy, but at least it wasn't raining.

After lying at home for two days, his legs and feet were swollen, and he was a little dizzy, but the winter wind blowing over made him sober.

Farmers dare not be greedy for idleness, but he has figured it out in his heart, no matter how bad life is, he still has to live on.

In the mist, Qin Xiaoman was carrying a hoe to turn over the ground. In the wind of the cold moon, the wilderness with dry grass and mud immediately turned into white mist.

When he went to his family's field, in the winter morning the fields were dotted with a few dusty village women and gaunt husbands wearing headscarves.

I've been busy for quite a while now, and while I was wiping my sweat, I pinched my waist and muttered, not knowing which family I was talking about.

Just as Qin Xiaoman supported the ground with a hoe and jumped into the ground from the ridge with his strength, a burst of firecrackers came from the distant valley.

Although it wasn't too loud because it was in Chongshan's nest, it rang for a long time.

"Who's doing business, so lively?"

Qin Xiaoman put his waist down and looked at the place where the firecrackers sounded, and said something to himself.

"Brother Man, don't you know?"

A village woman in the field heard his voice and looked over with bright eyes. It seemed that there was more excitement to talk about today than asking about his gossip.

"What's the matter?"

The village woman said: "The old man in the next village got married today, and the firecrackers rang once before."

Qin Xiaoman's eyebrows twitched: "Is the old brother from the next village married?"

He was surprised that there was an old man in his twenties in the next village who had never been married, and he was the talk of the villagers.

Whose girl and brother are not satisfied with the family that the matchmaker said, the family will use the old brother from the next village to talk about things, and teach their brothers and sisters a lesson:

"I don't like it, I want you to know that after you get old, you will be like the one in the next village and you won't be able to get married."

"If you're not satisfied with one thing or another, if you stay at home like the brother in the next village, you'll be fine. Our poor family can't afford the wedding tax that night."

Although Qin Xiaoman's family no longer had parents, no one should have taught him this by ear, but the folks in the village were very enthusiastic. They didn't respect them as parents, but they said everything about him as if they were their children.

Although he is only sixteen this year, since his father's marriage was not long ago, the family he had arranged to abandon him not long ago. The matchmaker came to tell him that an old widower in his forties was kicked out by him with two brooms.

When the villagers saw him again, they told him not to be picky about others, and to prepare more dowry to marry, and he would be the second elder brother by then.