10

"The twelfth month is tight, the first month is slow, and the winter moon is neither too fast nor too slow."

In the twelfth lunar month, it is the end of the new year, and I am busy getting rid of the old ones and preparing new year's goods. The first month is the new year, and I have to visit relatives and friends. During the winter months, Dongyue is the most leisurely.

The food has already been put into the warehouse, and there is no busy farming, so Xiao can only take care of the livestock at home and simply dig the ground.

But it can't be said to be idle, after all, it is a farmer, and there is always something to be busy, unlike the people in the county, who can really chat and have fun with their feet up.

After Qin Xiaoman ate breakfast, he chopped pig grass and cooked pig food, while Du Heng was frying chestnuts beside him.

"There are a lot of chestnuts, how about sending some to my second uncle after frying?"

Seeing that the shell of the chestnuts was already brittle, Du Heng scooped them up one by one.

"Okay." Qin Xiaoman felt that Du Heng was quite understanding of the world: "Then you can send it to the second uncle later, I want to go up the mountain."

Du Heng looked down at the person under the stove: "Going to the mountain again today?"

"Well, yesterday I saw that there is a lot of firewood on the mountain of our family. The trees that were cut by thunder in summer have already dried up. I will get them back while the weather is fine, or it will be a pity that others will pick them up."

Everyone loves to collect firewood when Dongyue is idle, Gongshan is so big, everyone is collecting firewood, but it is not enough to collect firewood, but there is a lot of firewood in winter, and they point to the charcoal fire to spend the winter. It hit someone else's private mountain.

In the past, Qin Xiaoman thought that the private mountain belonged to his family, and no one would move it, and he didn't pick up the firewood even if he had it. As a result, people stole the firewood many times. These people are also smart. When he was in Gongshan during the day, he stopped by to see who had goods in the private mountain, and then went up the mountain to pick them up at night.

Du Heng has only heard of stealing people's food and vegetables, but he has never heard of stealing people's firewood.

"You used to be the young master, so you don't know these things."

Qin Xiaoman said: "Although firewood is not a rare thing, it can be seen everywhere, but the mountains and the land as far as the eye can see, they all have their own owners, and you can't just bring them home when you see them. Boiling water is inseparable from firewood every day, and charcoal can be burned to keep warm in winter, and a bundle of firewood can be sold for more than ten yuan in the city."

"Who doesn't pay attention to valuable things. Our Qin family is a big surname in the village, so we have our own private mountain. Otherwise, things from the public mountain may not be enough for cooking."

"Not every household in the village has a private mountain. Those who moved later or those who stayed in the village as refugees do not have their own mountain. If it is not enough, we can only buy it, but it costs money to buy it. The poor Where can people afford such expenses, there is no choice but to steal other people's at night."

Du Heng listened carefully, but he had also heard that at this time, the poor did not even have a piece of land buried in the soil after death, and the mountains and rivers were all other people's property, so he had to lament that the poor had no way out.