18

The next day, after Qin Xiaoman left for a while, Wang Zhuzi came to look for Du Heng again.

"How do you know that Xiao Man is not at home today?"

Du Heng was supported by the children to the roof. Dr. Cui is coming to change the dressing on his feet today to see if the bones have grown back to normal.

"Brother Xiaoman passed by our house this morning and said that he was going to the county town and let me come and take care of you. He also said that he would bring me another meat bun when he came back."

Du Heng frowned, turned his head to look at the pillar, and then smiled.

Wang Zhuzi was very happy, took a wooden stick and wrote on the ground: "Look, my handwriting is better."

Du Heng looked at the writing on the ground: "It has been corrected a lot, and I will be a person who can write my own name in the future."

Wang Zhuzi replied: "In two years, I want to go to the county town to find a job. There are not many acres of land in my family, and my brothers are not enough. I can read two words, and there are more ways out in the city. .”

"It's very nice of you to think so."

The two didn't say a few words, a woman came straight from the yard, Li Wanju came in with a straight face, and went straight to the utility room and came out with a hoe.

"The hoe at home is broken, so I borrowed one for use."

Du Heng didn't speak, Li Wanju stared at him with a hoe: "What's wrong, aren't you happy?"

"Your family's shortcoming is to get everything in the past. Every time you go to the city, you will ride his second uncle's ox cart to the county town. It's a good calculation."

After a few words of yin and yang, Li Wanju went out with a hoe.

"The same goes for Mrs. Qin, and she scolded me without saying that she would not lend it to her." Wang Zhuzi made a face towards the outside: "She is the one who talks the most."

Du Heng didn't take his words to heart, but he also noticed the inconvenience: "It would be great if I had a cow at home, not to mention that I don't need to ask others, after all, it's convenient for me."

Wang Zhuzi said: "Of course it's convenient. Take a cart to go in and out of the city, usually to carry things, and plow the fields in spring. It can be used everywhere. But this animal is rare. Who has a donkey? The cow is very respectable." , the price is sky-high.”

"The gift money for getting married and leading a sheep and donkey at home is very easy to get, and you can use it for a hundred miles to praise." Wang Zhuzi joked with Du Heng: "Brother Heng is better, you don't have to worry about gifts at all when you come to the door Money to marry."

Du Heng raised his hand and patted Wang Zhuzi's forehead: "You brat."

Wang Zhuzi ran away grinning, but Du Heng couldn't do anything about him.

"How much silver do you think a cow costs?"

"Then you have to pay ten taels of silver. Why, Brother Heng really wants to buy it?" Wang Zhuzi said: "Brother Xiaoman has the money to buy cattle, so you can talk to him about it. I think Brother Xiaoman But listen to you, as long as you open your mouth, he will definitely agree."

Du Heng just smiled and didn't answer.

"Zhuzi, it's almost the Chinese New Year. Do you want to earn some money so that you can buy some snacks for the Chinese New Year?"

Wang Zhuzi's eyes lit up when he heard the words, and hurriedly approached Du Heng again: "Brother Heng has an idea?"

Du Heng just smiled and said nothing.