50

As soon as Xiaoman heard this, he immediately became discouraged, just like Du Heng's appearance when he first heard about the production tax.

    The field that I worked so hard to take care of by myself, took back sweat and labor to dry it in the sun, and in the end I had to pay a lot of it. Who didn't feel like a pot of cold water poured on the hot heart.

    Qin Xiaoman sat down and calculated 30% of the production tax, and made a hasty calculation: "I have to pay more than ten shi to the county government!"

    When Qin Xiaoman learned this figure, he fell directly on the table, and Du Heng stretched out his hand in time Blocked on the table for people to cushion.

    Qin Xiaoman rubbed against the palm of Du Heng's hand and wailed, before he could utter a sound, there was a burst of noise outside, and then Li Zheng's voice was heard.

    "Xiao Du, Brother Man, you're at home. I heard that the harvest in the fields of the two of you is good this year!"

    Qin Xiaoman tilted his head, "The grain hasn't even been heated in the warehouse yet."

    Du Heng patted His back: "It's coming anyway, and you can't hide."

    Years of tax and corvee, some people want to escape, but under the strict management regulations, not to mention extremely difficult to escape, if caught It is a felony to rob a house.

    Li was in charge of the imperial court's monthly regulations, and he didn't manage a few acres of land at home, so he spent all his time watching the village households' properties.

    During the spring plowing, how many acres of fields you sow and what fields you have cultivated are all recorded for you and then marked. During the process, there will be no lack of people from above who come to check.

    Few ordinary people dare to stand up to the wind to commit crimes, even if they have such a little thought, they will be suppressed even after going back to search and check.

    "Lizheng is coming."

    Du Heng quickly poured water.

    The village chief was reprimanded by the county soldiers a month ago, and he registered and made the register early this year, thinking that life would be easier.

    The life of the common people is not easy, and those who are upright say that they are receiving money from the court, but the monthly money is not so easy to get.

    The crops in the field were not fully harvested, and the villagers were crying and begging for mercy, and the higher-ups were putting pressure on them.

    "Don't rush to drink tea, I have to go to a few households today." Li Zheng was holding the booklet, and was still polite to the young couple of the Qin family.

    One is that the Qin family is a big surname in the village, and they have many contacts in the fields, and Lizheng also relies on them; the couple's rapeseed beans harvest was good a few months ago, and they cooperated with the registration and payment on time and in accordance with the quantity. He naturally likes this ordinary people.

    "Has your family's grain been picked up?"

    "I was checking with Xiaoman, but Li Zheng came here unexpectedly."

    Du Heng went forward to report this year's harvest, and while talking, led people to the warehouse.

    Li was listening to Du Heng's report of the quantity, and took a pen to record it impartially, repeating Du Heng's words: "30 shi for corn, 19 shi for rice, total..." "You said your family's corn this