19

Du Heng took the money bag and took out twenty Wen from it to Zhuzi: "Come, this is your reward."

Wang Zhuzi held the money in both hands, and counted one copper coin after another, feeling more joy in his heart after counting one coin.

He is only twelve or thirteen years old, and he is the youngest one in the family. Usually, the family does not have much business to run, let alone what money he can earn as a young child.

At most, during the Chinese New Year, visiting relatives and relatives to give some lucky money, but it is only eight or ten to make it auspicious.

He would be very happy if all the money was in his own hands, but the relatives at home also wanted to give back the lucky money. Naturally, the money he received could not be kept in his own hands, and his mother had taken it away early.

Now, when Du Heng's New Year pictures with Fu characters were taken to the county seat, ten of them were sold for twelve cents a piece.

Du Heng discussed with him that he would be responsible for selling them in the county town, and he would pay him two cash for his hard work if he sold them.

Not to mention that children feel that money is a lot, even if it is adults, many are willing to do it.

Seeing that Du Heng kept his promise, he really planned to give him 20 Wen for his hard work. He was carrying a heavy amount of money that belonged entirely to him, and he couldn't even close his mouth happily, and he even flattered Du Heng.

He begged someone to ask: "Brother Heng, when will you be able to paint well again, and sell a few more paintings when there are more people in the county. Sell ​​more, and many people will ask for it. You are so good at writing and drawing, you can't waste this skill."

Du Heng laughed, and collected the rest of the money himself: "You really know how to flatter."

"I don't."

Wang Zhuzi had never read and could not read, but just seeing people who could read and write was enough. Today, when he was selling New Year pictures with blessing characters, those who could read in the county showed the paintings, saying that the lines were smooth and the handwriting was beautiful. All praise.

People in the city are so particular about it and say it's good, so it can be bad.

"I have prepared twelve more in my room, you can take them together."

Du Heng said: "After the new year, you won't be able to sell it. You can only earn the money from the year before. Since you say someone will buy it, then next time you call the price higher."

He thought for a while: "You just ask for 18 cents a piece, and you will be able to circle around the price for a while, but you can't sell it for less than 12 cents."

Wang Zhuzi nodded quickly: "Okay, the closer the Chinese New Year is, everything in the county is going up, and it's not surprising that the prices of our current New Year pictures will go up."

Du Heng asked Wang Zhuzi a little uneasy: "You go to the county town for a day, but you can't find it at home and ask?"

Wang Zhuzi said: "In the twelfth lunar month, I have nothing to do. My parents, brothers and sisters are busy at home. What can I do? I usually go up the mountain or wander around the village. Today I will take my mother's basket of eggs to The county town said it was selling eggs for her, but in fact it was still selling New Year pictures."

Du Heng nodded reassuringly.

Wang Zhuzi leaned forward with a smile: "Brother Heng, you didn't tell Brother Xiaoman about this?"