11

There is a chili field in the vegetable field. Du Heng saw that it grew very lushly, but now the corners of the leaves have turned yellow in winter, and there are still a lot of chili peppers on the branches, but there is not enough sunlight, and the chili pepper trees will not grow anymore. Even if it gets colder, the tree will freeze to death.

It would be a pity not to pick the remaining peppers.

Du Heng went back to get a Shau Kei, and collected all the peppers, large and small, next to each other.

The latest batch of peppers is tender, not as good-looking as the first crop, and the taste is not spicy, so they are usually just taken back and piled up to eat, not used for kimchi.

Du Heng collected more than half of the peppers on the pepper tree, and there was more than half a barrel, which was estimated to be five or six catties. He thought that if he picked some decent ones, he might be able to sell them in the county town for a few copper coins.

But it took several hours to get from the village to the county seat, and it took at least twice as long to go there with my things lame.

In fact, selling vegetables is second to none, the main thing is that he wants to go to the county town, so that he can learn more about the place and environment of life, and when he was thinking about how to sell vegetables, he heard someone call him.

"Du Heng, pick vegetables!"

Du Heng raised his head when he heard the sound, and saw people on the main road in the distance. There were only two people in the village who could call him by his name, and it was indeed Qin Xiong.

"Second uncle."

Qin Xiong was driving the bullock cart, as if he came from home, Du Heng called out.

"Is Second Uncle going out?"

"Go to the city to open a stall."

Du Heng's brows twitched when he heard this, and he hurriedly said: "Maybe Second Uncle will take me to the city?"

Qin Xiong lifted his feet and jumped off the cart, walked towards the field, raising his eyebrows: "What are you going to do in the city?"

"The peppers will freeze if left on the tree. I picked half of them, and some want to sell them in the city." Du Heng said, "For some salt money."

Qin Xiong glanced at the dustpan that Du Heng was carrying: "There are quite a few, but these crooked melons and jujube-stubble peppers are not worth much, and there are many people who sell them."

"If you can sell a little, it's a little bit, otherwise you can eat it by yourself, and the two of you won't be able to finish it if you eat it. It's a waste."

Qin Xiong was a little worried that Qin Xiaoman would not be taking Du Heng to the county seat, and he was afraid that someone would lose Qin Xiaoman and make trouble with him, but seeing what he said was very much about the Gu family, then he thought that a cripple would not be able to go anywhere, if he wanted to leave voluntarily, he would stay It's not interesting.

Furthermore, even the son-in-law who visits the door is still a man, so he should not always be confined in the house. He will still be the pillar of the family in the future. Since people don’t think that selling vegetables is something only girls do, it’s a good thing if they are willing to work hard for the sake of the family:

"Okay, then you will sell it next to my butcher's stall, and come back later in the afternoon."

"good!"

Du Heng was overjoyed. Seeing that there were few chili peppers sold alone, he pulled a few more radishes from the field, pulled green onions, shallots, and garlic sprouts, and hurriedly followed Qin Xiong into the bullock cart.