82

After the housewarming and banquet, the days gradually returned to calm.

    Although the township examination has passed, and there was a short joy to celebrate, but in March of the first year, he has to participate in the general examination hosted by the Ministry of Rites.

    This is the most important exam. Many scholars have never had the opportunity to touch the threshold in their lifetime. Looking at the world, those who can really take the exam are the best.

    Time is tight, and major events must not be sloppy.

    There are already more than 20 exams in Bairong Academy, and all of them will be present for this exam.

    For example, You Huo, Mu Ti and others had already finished the game three years ago, and now they have been preparing for another three years. At this juncture, they still don't look relaxed, but they are waiting as hard as they are for the first exam.

    Du Heng is also going to take part in the general examination next year. He has no time to relax, quickly sorts out the mood of passing the provincial examination, and devotes himself to studying and preparing for the examination.

    Now the living conditions have been significantly improved, and there is no need to get up in the middle of the morning in the dark to rush to the academy to study, and there is no need to go to the cafeteria at noon to warm up the meals brought by home.

    Now it takes two quarters of an hour to arrive at the academy, and the servants at home deliver hot meals to the entrance of the academy early in the afternoon.

    Conditions improved, but Du Heng did not change the habit he had acquired from studying, but used the extra time to study.

    Reading in the morning, reading silently on the way to the academy, writing essays in the classroom, and consolidating the review at night... The

    piles of books, notes, and manuscripts piled up in front of Du Heng's desk are getting higher and higher.

    Xiao Chengyi would go to see his father at the door of the study every day. The younger father said that his father had to study and pass the exam, so he couldn't go in and disturb his father's thoughts on writing articles. Eye.

    Not only Du Heng, but also Qin Zhifeng, who was also selected, all studied harder than before.

    In the blink of an eye, in the winter moon, Qin Xiaoman inquired and collected the difficulties of people around him in running banquets, and summing up what Du Heng said earlier, it is possible to manage banquets in a one-stop manner, so he started to take care of the business.

    He hired another clerk to look after the paper shop. Du Heng studied hard, and he started his own business again.

    One should be renting a shop, hiring a cook, looking for a carpentry workshop to make tables, chairs and benches, buying pots and pans from a porcelain shop...discussing on prices and making decisions on personnel.

    These many trivial things are no more leisurely than Du Heng.

    Qin Xiaoman used to like to plow the land with a plow in the village. After having a shop at home and learning to manage the business, he is now as interested in running a shop as he was in farming in the past.

    No matter how complicated things are, it is also fun to do.

    In short, he and Du Heng have gradually formed a tacit understanding, one mainly studies, and the other cooks for a living.

    In this way, the two supported each other, and the days passed smoothly.

    On this day, the winter rain was pattering, and the rain in the cold weather was no warmer than the snow.