87

The word "national mourning" is undoubtedly a thunderclap exploding in the clear sky, which caught the common people doing business along the street off guard.

    For a while, they put down the work in their hands and looked at the galloping horse. It took a long time for the street market to resume its bustle, almost to the hustle and bustle.

    The common people are discussing this hottest first-hand news.

    The Son of Heaven is majestic, but it is far away from here. Many ordinary people have never been out of Luoxia County in their entire lives, let alone meeting the Son of Heaven.

    I only know that the emperor is the ruler of all the people in the world, but he is just an empty head. After all, the people at the bottom have never seen or touched it.

    Now that I suddenly heard the bad news, it is really hard to express how sad I am, but I am more eager to discuss how to live during the national mourning period.

    Anyone who has experienced national mourning in the older generation knows that there are many rules and regulations when the emperor passes away.

    Not to mention the rules of the royal family and the courtiers, but the common people in plain clothes are not allowed to marry men and women during the day, not to shave their heads, and not to have feasts and feasts.

    The bells of various temples and Taoist temples still need to be struck 30,000 times to express their condolences to the emperor.

    Qin Xiaoman looked at the common people who were talking along the street, and turned his head to look at Du Heng: "Then today's rice noodles are ready to eat or not?"

    Du Heng didn't expect the news to come so suddenly, and it was so coincidental. Since the common people know that banquets are not allowed during the national mourning period, the county magistrate, as the head of a county, naturally knows the power of it.

    This meeting is in vain. If you insist on finishing it, I am afraid that next year's general election will not be flat but demoted.

    Furthermore, I am afraid that no one would dare to commit crimes against the wind and go to the feast.

    Du Heng gave instructions to the coachman and went straight back home.

    He sent Qin Xiaoman back to the house safely, and then went to inquire about the news alone.

    When they arrived at the county government office, not only Du Heng, but also several squires heard the news and came over.

    One is also a person who receives a salary, so he has to care about some important national affairs, and two, the county magistrate's banquet happened to touch his eyebrows, so he still has to come to comfort him.

    Du Heng didn't show his head, and stood behind the older generation of squires, waiting outside the county government office for about a stick of incense before he was summoned to enter the door.

    The magistrate, who took a special rest today for the banquet, had a rosy complexion and looked like a birthday star, but he hurriedly changed into a festive birthday suit, with his face almost pulled to his chest.

    No matter how angry he was in his chest, he dared not say a word of no.

    He calmed down so that no one would see the joke, and conveyed the message from above.

    "Listen carefully, Your Majesty has passed away, and the new emperor has succeeded to the throne..."

    Du Heng listened word by word to the command that the soldiers rushed to bring just now.