101

When Du Heng returned to the county, the first thing he did when he went to the Yatou was to call the workshop to discuss the construction of water conservancy.

    In the past few years, the county government has no money in its account, so it has not done much construction, and the errands in the workshop are idle, and almost all of them are assigned to other jobs to do odd jobs.

    Knowing that the county magistrate intends to build water conservancy projects, Dian Shi hurriedly found the water conservancy files that were piled up in the corner and were about to collect dust.

    "If the county wants to store water in autumn and winter, it can only start with the Minyin River. It was also built in the past, but it has been eight years since now." After listening to the briefing

    of Dian Shi, Du Heng took people to the city Min Yinhe from outside went to investigate.

    This river is not a long river for water transportation, but rather looks like a large reservoir.

    The previous county magistrate had also done construction of this river, and the plan was done, but this project was labor-intensive, and the number of people recruited was limited. According to the progress of the project, if it was not completed, they would have to be transferred. I don’t want to Let those who take over later take advantage of it, so the process was speeded up and ended hastily.

    The previous county magistrate had done nothing while in office, and the public account was empty. Even if he wanted to, he could not spend money for construction. For this reason, the county river has not been maintained for many years.

    During Du Heng's investigation, he found that the embankments built in a hurry had already been corroded by the summer rain, and many places were leaking.

    The canals that went down were overgrown with weeds, and there were too many leaks, and the water could not be led to the village well.

    After inspecting the county river and canals, Du Heng convened a six-room meeting in the county government.

    "Almost everyone participated in this year's autumn harvest. Although the affairs of each house are different, the final accounts can be seen in our eyes. The county has a drought and the harvest is not high, and water conservancy will be done sooner or later."

    " Since it needs to be done, it is better to do it as soon as possible. If the matter is dealt with as soon as possible, people's livelihood can also be improved as soon as possible."

    Du Heng first mentioned that the matter of this village is imperative, and asked Liufang to talk about the difficulties of this move.

    The history of the official house said: "The population of this county is small. If we want to build water conservancy, there are only about 60 county servants available at present.

    " ", "Zhengzu", "Shouzu" three kinds.

    Among them, "Gengzu" refers to the fact that adult men need to do voluntary labor for the local county government for one month in a year, and are arranged by the county government to do things for the county government, such as building water conservancy, serving as county soldiers in government offices, guarding city gates, and reclaiming wasteland. Wait... If you don't want to serve in the military, you need to pay a tax of about 100 yuan, and let the county government hire someone else to do the things you don't want to do.

    "Soldier" means to go to Kyoto to do military service. This adult man only needs to serve once in his life, but he has to go for half a year at a time.