33

Qin Xiaoman was in a good mood when he saw that the Kong family was unlucky, and at the same time, he saw more firmly the land where his family had planted seeds.

    There is Qingming in April, and the proverb says: Before and after Qingming, plant melons and beans.

    This month, as usual, corn and sweet potatoes will be cultivated, and this year, soybeans and miliflower requested by Du Heng will be specially planted.

    After the planting inspection in March, Qin Xiaoman found that Du Heng really knows how to farm, not to mention how much he knows, but he is much better than ordinary scholars.

    So in April, he simply asked Du Heng to take the seeds he bought home to sow, and he went to work on the crops he used to plant.

    The amount of land cultivated this year is at least three times that of previous years. It is indeed faster to have cattle if plowing is done, but cattle are not needed for sowing.

    In order to keep all the land planted with crops and not waste it, Qin Xiaoman finally decided to ask someone to help him plant the seeds this year.

    This matter was also affirmed by Du Heng.

    Qin Xiaoman invited the Shan'ao family who had helped him chop firewood to come over to help. The families there were the poorest in the village and had very little land, so they naturally finished farming before ordinary families.

    He invited three families on the condition of borrowing cattle for half a day, and at once four people helped sow the seeds.

    Du Heng didn't go down to the fields to work with a group of couples and women. They were going to do a day's work, not to mention, they had to pack lunch.

    He is in charge of today's lunch.

    Cooking a meal is easy for Du Heng. The day before, he took a piece of bacon off the stove and soaked it in rice washing water, preparing to use it to stew for the fellow villagers who helped.

    Prepare the dishes in advance, so you don't have to worry so much on the day.

    The beans and millet bought by myself were distributed to two acres of land from Xiaoman to toss.

    The family's fertile land, Qin Xiaoman, has been used to grow important food, and he only won two acres of land between thin land and fertile land.

    Du Heng cherishes these two mu of land very much, as if it was allocated to him alone and then he can handle it by himself. There is a lot of room for display, so he naturally takes it seriously.

    In addition, he also shoulders a heavy responsibility. The crops Xiaoman planted are used to take care of the two little white pigs newly brought home by the family. What he wants to grow are cash crops, and the money for studying in the future will be picked up by himself.

    The key to high yields of soybeans lies in fertile land, sufficient rainfall, and diligence in weeding and pine fields.

    The rain is arranged by God, and Du Heng has no problem with weeding. The only thing that can be changed in this way is the fertility of the soil.

    Wanting to change the barren land is the wish of most farmers. One mu of good land produces about two stones of grain, and the thin land yields half or more grain as the barrenness increases.

    If the limited land is cultivated to be fertile, even if the land is small, the food production will be enough to support a family's livelihood.

    The way to make the soil fertile is to fertilize the land besides fine farming, weeding and sifting away sand and gravel.