105

Mr. Xu, a fellow prefect in Fucheng, is the local annual examination officer this year. At the end of the first lunar month, he arrived in Qiuyang County.

    There are two Tongzhi in Fucheng, one is Xu Chenggong, the other is Mu Tongzhi, that is, the father of Mu Ti, the senior brother of Bairong Academy.

    Every year during the exams, the two acquaintances would be dispatched to draw lots to determine the county where the exams will take place. This year, Xu Chenggong must have been drawn to Qiuyang County.

    This visit is not only for the examination of the position of the local officials. Jintuan Mansion's hoarding troops are stationed in Qiuyang County.

    After Xu Tongzhi went down to the county, he went to Xiafei's garrison before he even arrived at the county government office. However, General Weiping turned away and went to another county under the Fucheng to recruit troops the day before, so Tongzhi went in vain.

    Feng Wanhe can't see the matter of going up and down to take the exam. The military officer's stockpiling of troops was originally sent by the military department of the imperial court to inspect the situation. The people in the imperial capital wanted to see the situation, so he didn't bother to lead the civil servants around the station and say some sour words , Knowing that there will be people coming from Fucheng on this day, they left in advance.

    The magistrate underestimated Feng Wanhe, and did not dare to get angry when he saw people being so rude. After all, General Weiping and the magistrate could do it well. As a magistrate, he had to write down Feng Wanhe's disrespect in his small notebook.

    But military officers are generally like this, and it doesn't matter if I remember it.

    Feng Wanhe's temper is straightforward, but it made Du Heng unlucky.

    Tongzhi felt depressed at the station and was in a bad mood, so Du Heng's exams were naturally much stricter.

    It was not the first time for Xu Chenggong to come to Qiuyang County to take a test. This time he entered the border of Qiuyang County. There were a large number of ordinary people reclaiming wasteland on the wasteland.

    Going further in, the passing villages are also bustling. There are canals passing by in every village, and the standing waterwheels have begun to take shape.

    Entering the city, there is a lot of noise and bustle visible to the naked eye.

    In the past, Qiuyang County was the last county town officials in the prefecture wanted to visit. It was desolate and brutish, and it was the most irritating place to pay land taxes. It borrowed money from the court and repeatedly issued reminders, even the magistrate would not do it every time it was mentioned. Returning it, even the magistrate had a headache.

    It's just that I haven't been to Qiuyang County for a year, and I didn't expect it to change so much.

    He remembered that during the general election, the magistrate of Qiuyang County was demoted and transferred because of his inaction. The new magistrate had only been in office for half a year, and the county had made such changes.

    Although it is not uncommon for the local government to make impromptu adjustments to save face in order to cope with the exams at the time of the performance appraisal every year, it is not uncommon.

    However, the projects and changes visible to the naked eye in Qiuyang County were not achieved in a day. They were not completed in a short time to cope with the exams. For comfort.

    After changing the bad mood of kicking the iron plate in the resident, he looked at Du Heng with a more pleasant face, squeezed his beard and smiled and said: "The prefect often mentions Du Zhixian, saying that he is young and promising. He is a talented and pragmatic official. The management of Qiuyang County is well done, and seeing it now, it really deserves the appreciation of the magistrate." "