52

In October, the Li family got married. As the landlords of the village, the banquet was very respectable and very lively.

    According to the close relationship, Qin Xiong's family is married as a nephew, and he should go to help out, but it is a married brother, and he is in a village. When he goes out, he just goes to block the door. The noodles are eaten at Li's house .

    The couple didn't have any contact with Li's family before, they thought they would just bring gift money to dinner, but they didn't expect Li Kai to think highly of Du Heng, so he invited Du Heng to be the accountant.

    As a result, the couple went out early in the morning, one went to Li's house to manage the accounts, and the other went to Qin's house to block the door.

    After making a fuss all day, I went home at night.

    The beginning of the month got off to a good start, and it was the most idle month of the year before selling grain. The households in the village rarely had a little bit of money, but the wine made by Du Heng really sold out.

    Some people came to beat them in twos and half a catty, until the people from the county government came to collect tax money in the middle of the month.

    Qin Xiaoman lay down in front of the table, talking to Du Heng about the various taxes to be paid, and Du Heng wrote down the accounts in his notebook.

    "The population tax for adults is 120 yuan a year, and 240 yuan for two people. Men need to serve in the military. According to the regulations, you should go to the government to arrange labor for a month this year. This time, you have to pay 200 yuan. Wen; Although there are only two people in our family, no matter how few people there are, we are still a family with household registration. No matter how many people have existing household registration, we have to pay a household tax of 200 Wen." Du Heng wrote down an eyebrow and tightened

    it point.

    "Oh, by the way, apart from these, you have to pay a donation fee, one hundred and twenty yuan a year per person."

    Du Heng frowned: "What is the donation fee?

    " The emperor paid it specially."

    Du Heng pursed his lower lip, not necessarily that the common people received much care from the emperor, but the taxes were not underpaid, and the payment was very complicated.

    He summed up the money, eight hundred and eighty Wen, which is a small tael of silver.

    There are only the two of them in the family. Not to mention the small population, the situation is simple. There are no children or they are old enough to marry, otherwise there will be miscellaneous taxes.

    It is difficult for a family with a large population.

    It was already noon when they received their house. There were four government servants with long knives at their waists, two bookkeepers, and one who was specialized in collecting money and managing accounts. One by one, they couldn't tell what kind of official positions they were, and when they came to the village on errands from the county government, everyone had to respectfully call them adults.

    When collecting taxes, the government has a lot of people to turn around, and sometimes some strong and strong people are temporarily recruited to serve as yamen servants, and those who can read and count are good at keeping books, but most of the bookkeepers are young talents, and they have a little fame. Not to mention that the county government collects taxes on the body, not to mention, you can still receive a little hard work fee from the county government at that time.