49

Du Heng and Xiaoman have a lot of crops in their family this year. They first harvested rapeseed, milia and soybeans, with a total of one mu of land, and the harvesting months were separated. The two of them did not feel really tired when harvesting. Harvesting rice in the paddy fields and corn on the 20 acres of land can drive people crazy.

    The two did not hesitate to start asking for help.

    Fifty cents a day and good food and meals, two meals at noon and evening.

    During the busy farming season, it is expensive to hire someone, let’s say it’s the price for a woman, but if it’s a man, the price will be ten cents higher.

    One person can break two acres of land by breaking the corn hard. Du Heng directly hired five women, and Qin Xiaoman was in charge of the supervision, and harvested all the corn in one day.

    The follow-up drying should be done by yourself, and the threshing is labor-intensive and time-consuming, and then hire someone.

    From harvesting the corn to entering the warehouse and hiring people, it cost 500 Wen, not counting the scattered money for meals.

    When it was time to harvest the rice, the couple had to grit their teeth and hire someone. Although the labor was expensive, the crops could not afford to delay the two of them slowly harvesting.

    The rice is ripe as soon as it is ripe, and it will fall off after a long time. Then you can pick up the rice in the paddy field by yourself.

    What's more, if you don't take advantage of the good weather to take it back quickly, it will be useless if the rice doesn't dry in the rainy season.

    Under the double pressure, no matter how expensive it is to hire someone, you still have to spend money.

    Harvesting rice and threshing is laborious work. A man can only harvest and thresh half an acre of rice in a day, but this is a method of beating rice and threshing purely by hand. If you use cattle to crush rice on the drying ground, you can save money. Two or three times the force.

    Originally, it took 20 people to harvest the rice in one day, but Du Heng hired five people to harvest the rice in two days.

    It's just that the harvesting time is separated. After all, the rice is not so sensible when it is ripe, and it is all ripe when it is ripe.

    The weather and rain are affected by many factors such as sunlight. For example, the rice in the fertile field facing the sun will ripen early and the rice will be full.

    However, the rice in the big field they were affected by the disaster before matured late, the rice in the fertile field was all yellow, and the rice in the big field was still green and green, and the two harvests were separated by half a month.

    When asking someone to harvest rice, Qin Xiong's family didn't harvest rice that day, and Sun Dongmei came over to help cook with the workers. Du Heng had some free time and went to the fields to record the harvest and condition of each field.

    He specially instructed the good rice in the fertile field to be threshed by hand, and the rest to be taken to the drying yard to be threshed with stone rollers.

    The principle is to leave good rice seeds for next year’s paddy fields. Stone roller threshing is fast and labor-saving, but there is a disadvantage that it is easy to crush the grains. If such grains are used as grain seeds next year, the crop will be destroyed.

    But the rice used for eating will not be affected, and the left and right rice will also be crushed when they are shelled.

    However, the hand-threshed rice has not been crushed, and the grains can be guaranteed to be intact and unharmed to a greater extent.