79

On the fifth day of September, the bulletin board at the gate of the government office was crowded with people, and the "Guild List" under the fragrance of osmanthus finally came out.

    There are always many people waiting for the announcement.

    Du Heng and Qin Zhifeng came here before dawn and waited for the list. They were so crowded that they broke out in sweat early in the morning.

    There was even more commotion on the red list.

    Du Hengyuan and Qin Zhifeng were standing together, suddenly a few strong servants squeezed in, and the people who were grouped together were squeezed to pieces, and they were all dissatisfied and cursed.

    "I got it, Du Heng, I got it, I got it!"

    Du Heng, who was standing at the bottom of the red list, was suddenly grabbed by the wrist by Qin Zhifeng, who forcibly squeezed over, and felt that his hands were trembling.

    Du Heng looked at the red list and nodded twice.

    He was really on the list, and he didn't even have time to be happy, but Qin Zhifeng, who was always steady, was uncharacteristically happy.

    Immediately afterwards, he saw Qin Zhifeng, who had bright eyes, and his smile gradually grew: "I finally hit it!" "

    What, I hit it!?"

    Du Heng realized that the principle was that Qin Zhifeng himself had hit it.

    Immediately, joy was added to what was already joyful. Du Heng sincerely hoped that Qin Zhifeng would be on the list, and all these years of hard study and persistence were not in vain.

    "What about you? Are you on the list!?"

    Du Heng paused blankly, and then laughed: "Double happiness is coming."

    "Is it true!?"

    Qin Zhifeng's eyes became more radiant, and the two of them were together again He looked at the list, but this time he was not looking at his own name, but the other party's ranking.

    This time, there were sixty-six candidates recruited by the Qiuwei Jintuan Mansion. Du Heng saw Qin Zhifeng's ranking in the 60th place, and Qin Zhifeng saw Du Heng in the fifth place.

    Although there is not a small difference in ranking between the two, it is enough to be happy to be on the same list. Qin Zhifeng has read Du Heng's article and knew that his talent and learning are not inferior to his own, but the current result is reasonable.

    Regardless of the ranking, the two are genuinely happy for each other.

    I heard that there is a custom of catching a son-in-law under the list, although it has always been common under the list in Chunwei, but there are many merchants in Fucheng who also want to catch a son-in-law as a noble son-in-law.

    After reading the list, the two retreated tacitly. They didn't show off under the list. They were already married people. One more thing is worse than one thing less, and they had to go back to their residences and wait for the yamen messenger to report the good news. .

    Back in the small courtyard, the two tidied up, and after a while, they heard the sound of gongs and drums coming from the alley, announcing the arrival of the Yamen.

    Hearing the sound of gongs and drums, the surrounding residents all opened their doors to watch the excitement. Knowing that Qiu Wei released the rankings today, they all wanted to see which lucky one won the election.