12

Qin Xiaoman's load of firewood was made of solid wooden poles, which were much heavier than the branches. This time he went down the mountain to rest seven or eight times before reaching the foot of the mountain.

By the time I got to my yard, my vest was already full of sweat.

"I'm back……"

In the courtyard, Qin Xiaoman was so tired that he couldn't shout anymore.

Du Heng hurried out of the house and saw Qin Xiaoman's two large bundles of firewood, probably weighing more than a hundred catties, and the firewood made a muffled sound when it was placed in the flagstone yard.

"Why do you choose so many, what if you are a little bit flashy."

Du Heng quickly went to support and set firewood.

"The trouble of going up and down the mountain, the more you move down the mountain at a time, the less you have to run."

Qin Xiaoman's shoulders were sore, he rubbed his shoulders, took a deep breath, didn't make a sound, instead smiled and took out a handful of pagoda tree sticks from the pile of firewood to Du Heng:

"Didn't you say you need to rinse your mouth in the morning? I chopped some pagoda leaves to brush and wash your teeth."

Du Heng picked it up, got up to rinse his mouth, he was not used to it, and raised his mouth, knowing that there was no condition, so he didn't say anything more, just rinsed with warm water back and forth, Qin Xiaoman said that the more flexible branches such as wicker and locust tree were hammered to pieces For chewing or brushing teeth.

He smiled and put it away carefully, not to worry about his brother.

"Is there still more firewood on the mountain?"

Qin Xiaoman responded: "It's hot in the summer, some trees and bamboos died, and there are more firewood than in previous years. I've been sorting out for a long time today, and I've made some adjustments. If I pick out a load of firewood one load after another, I have to run at least ten times. Back and forth."

"There is a small hill at home, and a bamboo forest, whether it is big or small."

Du Heng looked at Qin Xiaoman's sweaty head, and he was still in good spirits when he spoke, but he still frowned, how could this long-bodied man be able to cope with the busyness of doing heavy work every day.

Even if there is no reaction for a while, the body is often exhausted when young, and the sickness is more than ordinary people when they are old.

He was originally a big man but he could only do some light work at home, not because he had strong self-esteem, but seeing Qin Xiaoman doing some strenuous work every day made him feel uncomfortable.

"Xiao Man, didn't you say earlier that there are people in the village who lack firewood?"

"Well, what's the matter?"

Du Heng said: "You are too tired from going up and down the mountain like this, why don't you give up some firewood and lighten your work."

Qin Xiaoman's eyes widened when he heard the words, and his voice also became louder: "The firewood said you don't want it, so you don't want it? Don't look at the lot of firewood piled up behind the pigsty in our house. If you don't pick up new ones, it will be useless. how long."

"It's not that I don't want it anymore." Du Heng said peacefully: "I mean, let's go talk to the people who don't have any firewood, ask for help to pack the firewood from the mountain and bring it home, and send one or two bundles of firewood to help Yes, it takes a day or two to get all the firewood home with so many people, so I don’t have to be so troubled, right?”