32

In early March, the village households were sowing seeds in full swing.

    The first thing to cultivate is their own seedling field.

    Rice goes through four steps from sowing to maturity, first soaking the rice seeds, and then sowing.

    Before sowing, the rice seeds are wrapped with rice stalks and soaked in water. After the soaked rice seeds germinate, the seeds are densely sprinkled into the soft paddy fields that are raked with mud, and this field is called a seedling field. .

    One month after the rice seedlings grow taller in the seedling fields, the rice seedlings are pulled up by their roots and planted in the rest of the paddy fields.

    After planting separately, the rice can be harvested when the rice is mature in autumn.

    And next March is the time for sowing.

    Qin Xiaoman and Du Heng sprinkled the germinated rice into the seedling field. This year is warm, the germination rate of the rice is good, and almost all the soaked rice seeds have germinated.

    The seedling field of one mu of land can be picked up without using it for half a day.

    It takes no effort to sow the seedlings, but the worry is that the weather will become cold after planting and the insects will be damaged.

    These days there is no tape to cover the seedling fields to keep the rice seedlings warm and prevent birds from jumping into the fields to eat the rice seedlings.

    Especially in the days when the seeds were just planted, these rice grains germinated and spit out a white shoot, which the birds would peck at when they jumped into the field.

    At this time, it is necessary to rely on people to watch and scold the birds that want to fly, but people can't always stay in the field, so there are many scarecrows in the wilderness and fields, standing on the ground in the fields, shaking in the wind. back bird.

    "Brother Man, this year the two of you will have a lot of rice seedlings to raise an acre of land. If I don't have enough seedlings by then, I'm afraid I have to ask you to borrow some.

    " In the end, I don’t know if it’s enough to divide the planting, and I can’t plant many fields in total.”

    "The rice seedlings in one mu of field are enough to plant 20 to 30 mu of fields. Isn't it enough for your family to have 20 mu of fields? You can't plant the rice seedlings too densely, otherwise they will shade each other, and the fields will be shady. The crops are not fertile enough and the harvest is not good."

    The middle-aged man who spoke with a shy face said: "You are not an excuse for not wanting to lend rice seedlings to my uncle, are you? I was just joking, you child is too serious!" Middle-

    aged The man lifted his chin with a smile.

    Seeing the young couple busy in the field next to the seedling field after sowing the seedlings, he suddenly saw rapeseed in the sack with sharp eyes, and walked across the field barefoot.

    "This is Uncle Kong."

    Looking at the middle-aged man who came over, Qin Xiaoman introduced Du Heng even though he was very upset.

    Du Heng called someone politely.

    "Oh, isn't this a scholar? I didn't expect to go to the field." Kong Zhaoxiang leaned over and said, "I want to order rapeseed this year, which is really good." Then he grabbed a handful of rapeseed in the sack and got up: "