103

"This Huang family is also the oldest family in Qiuyang County. It has been passed down for more than ten generations. Although it is not the most prominent household in Qiuyang County, but because of its kindness and kindness, it has always been It is highly trusted by the local people."

    "Nowadays, farm laborers and their masters cultivate farms and mulberry, according to the court's laws, they are divided into four or six, and some places can adjust themselves according to local conditions. The former county magistrate did not know how to do the rectification. Sang is in chaos, and all of them are higher than the imperial court's regulations."

    Du Heng listened to Jiang Qi asking about the news, and he had visited the village before, which is true.

    "The big households have 40% or 60% of the labor labor, 37% or 28%, and what's more, there are 190% of the farm laborers!"

    Du Heng's eyes froze when he heard this, and he said coldly: "These big households are too big. Too greedy! The county was full of bandits and bandits back then, so how could you know that it wasn’t these gentry big families who oppressed people and forced them to a dead end.” “

    But now in the county, only the Huang family and a few families with which they have good relations are still dealing with farm laborers according to April 6 The farm laborers all know that the master of the Huang family is kind, but it is a pity that the Huang family has limited land and does not recruit many farm laborers, and many farm laborers can only look at it and sigh."

      Since the rise of the Wei family from the previous magistrate to the incumbent , There are many tests for the big families in the county, and those who have not been close to them, have repeatedly suppressed their business. Many households with unstable foundations can only move closer to the Wei family due to the power and influence.  

      In this way, the Wei family became more and more powerful in Qiuyang County, and almost no one could match it.  

     In the past few years, the brothers of the Wei family have achieved fame one after another. The eldest brother Wei Hongming has been promoted, and the second brother Wei Bai has also achieved fame as a scholar. There are more than one floor on the lintel of the Wei family.   

     Since Wei Hongming won the election, he has bought land wantonly without paying taxes, recruited batches of farm laborers, and squeezed the farm laborers' share as much as possible.   

     The Wei family set an example, and the households with which they made good friends followed suit. Most of the farm laborers in the county received lower share than the farm laborers in other counties. 20% of the amount.

    After a long time, the trend has formed, and the Huang family has become an alternative to maintaining the status quo. In recent years, the Wei family has suppressed the Huang family.

    Opening the same storefront, digging out the people of the Huang family, and buying the mountains, forests and fields of the Huang family, is almost overwhelming.

    Du Heng said: "I think the Wei family has nearly 300 mu of land. In the early years, the Wei family was just a mediocre generation in the county. The fields, mountains and forests were only established in recent years. Although it is a home for students , but it’s not like he has so much money for him to make a fortune.”    

       Jiang Qi said: “When Wei Hongming was studying in the early years, he admired the famous Bairong Academy. He once went to Luoxia County to study. He didn’t want to learn.

      He was not transparent and failed the assessment of the academy. Although his desire to study was not fulfilled, he managed to find a marriage." "When he was  young, he was quite romantic, and he was always good at teasing, so he fell on the cloud by chance The young master of the family."