86

Seven days later, the door of the Gongyuan was opened, and Du Heng came out from the north gate with his things.

    The weather has been hazy for nearly a month, but a little sunshine leaked out this afternoon, and it fell on people with a slight taste of warm spring in March.

    The entrance of the Gongyuan is always full of noise and traffic jams.

    Among the crowd, Du Heng's steps were a little heavy, not only because he had been aggrieved for several days in the turtle shell room, but also because of his complicated state of mind.

    He glanced back at the majestic and upright Gongyuan built in Kyoto, shook his head slightly, and walked towards his carriage.

    "Master has been in the examination room for seven consecutive days. Do you have any arrangements today?"

    Yi Yan's cold temperament also sensed that Du Heng was in a bad mood. He waited at the entrance of the Gongyuan for some hours, and saw the faces of the examinees coming out of the entrance. Looks, there are joy and worry, but most of them are worried.

    It's just that I don't want my master to be one of the latter.

    He couldn't understand the importance of an exam to scholars, but he still said something to divert Du Heng's attention.

    Du Heng put down the bookcase, sat on the cushioned carriage and let out a sigh of relief, shaking his head: "Go back and rest for two days, and don't do anything else." Yi Yan glanced at him, said nothing, and drove the carriage

    to go back.

    The rankings will be released on the eighth day of the next lunar month, and there are still more than 20 days to go. Compared with the anticipation and anxious waiting after the exams in the past, Du Heng has no expectations for the release of the rankings this time.

    In the three exams in the Gongyuan, he was distracted and never answered seriously.

    All the way from the children's examination to the examination hall, the lowest level of the children's examination has established a fair and strict image for scholars. Who would have thought that such an important examination at the feet of the emperor would be cheated.

    Du Heng couldn't help but feel disappointed, the number of admissions in the examination is limited, every time there is one more person who cheats, the talented and learned people who should be on the list will be squeezed out of the places and return without success.

    It is difficult for ordinary people to study hard for those poor scholars in the world who are not afraid of the cold and snow, but some people take advantage of the convenience of being in the capital to cover the sky with one hand.

    Thinking of this, it really makes people resentful.

    While he was disappointed, he also concluded in his heart that the imperial capital might really be in chaos.

    The chief examiner of the examination is the minister of the Ministry of Rites, and he also sent an imperial envoy, who is a powerful minister of the court, a person of great trust, and now there is a leakage of the question, so it means that there is a flaw in the higher-ups.

    He is a young scholar with no power and power in a remote place, even if he has some talent to enter the palace examination, in this troubled time, he is afraid that he will become cannon fodder in the struggle for power.

    During the exam, he had been restless in his heart, and the current situation of the court was surging, so he tried to imagine the situation after winning the list.