46

In July, the millet in the field has already dyed an acre of land red. In addition to the mature crops that raised their heads high to meet the scorching sun, the low soybeans in another field also matured accordingly.

    In the era when there was only harvesting by hand and there was little opportunistic harvesting, there was no special way to harvest crops, nothing more than harvesting and hoeing.

    The low soybeans are no different from the first harvest of rapeseed. The branches of milo are hard, and the branches are cut off with a sickle and carried home. Both of them need to be processed again, and then the fruit is picked.

    It was just after dawn that Du Heng and Qin Xiaoman went down to the field to chop up the millet. By about 20 o'clock, all the sorghum that looked like holding torches in an acre of land had fallen to the ground.

    Qin Xiaoman bundled the sorghum into a bundle of firewood and carried it on the scalper.

    The carts in the rural fields are useless, except for the main road in the village, the rest are only narrow roads that can pass one or two people, and the carts with two big wheels cannot pass at all.

    If the trolley could come, it would take three or two trips to bring all the millet back home.

    And if the order is placed on the back of the bull, at least two more trips will be made.

    So Qin Xiaoman, who cut half of the millet, began to tie the crops to the ox and drive them home, leaving Du Heng to cut the millet alone in the field, so that when he finished cutting the millet, he would almost transport the end of the millet.

    It is always better to have oxen to help carry the load home than to rely on manpower to carry it home. It is a big deal to carry two bundles of miliflower on one shoulder, which will take many trips.

    The weather in July is in full swing, and it has already started to heat up. If the work is not done in a hurry before the sun comes out, the harvesting work will be finished, and a layer of skin will be sunk off in the field.

    In this season, many people pass out in the fields due to heat stroke, and Malan is always kept at home, brewing water to cool off the heat, or wild tea for bitter people.

    Qin Xiaoman picked up the millet carefully, and the ripe crops were easily knocked out, and some of the fruits were knocked out, and it hurts people to lose every grain.

    Du Heng wore a tight shirt that covered his body, but he couldn't completely resist the miliflower leaves that cut people's flesh. The leaves were like corn leaves, slightly cut people, and there were many flying insects and grasshoppers. It's all red marks, itchy and painful.

    The dust on the branches and leaves of the crops, and the sweat came out to soak the body again. In short, it was extremely uncomfortable.

    Holding his breath, he did not dare to rest until he cut all the millet in the field before he let go.

    Once the farm work stops, I don’t want to do it anymore. Compared with sitting peacefully at home and reading, these jobs are really too tiring.

    A few days ago, he had always had the habit of reading before going to bed and in the morning, but Qin Xiaoman originally didn't let him come to the field today.

    But thinking about the millet on the one-acre field, if Xiaoman was busy working alone, he would have to toss for a long time. When the two of them came out together, the crops would be harvested before the sun shines again, which is much better than Xiaoman basking in the sun outside.