59

"The batch of farm laborers my father recruited before he was alive were very down-to-earth. If it wasn't for my father's death, the land would have been taken care of by them." Qin Xiaoman and

    Du Heng discussed contacting the farm laborers. They worry about things like renting out the land, as long as all the conditions are up to standard, it's not like running a small business and no one will support it.

    If there is, it is either that the farmer's land share has been raised, or the land is too poor to produce too little grain, or it is rented out in violation of the court's regulations.

    Generally speaking, as long as the news is released in advance, people who don't have land nearby will come to the door with their things and ask for land with good words.

    All the conditions at their house were complete, but no farmer came to the door by himself, because it was almost March, and the spring plowing was in full swing, and the crops would be planted soon.

    Those who don't have land have borrowed land from landlords and gentry as early as last winter, and there are very few people who don't have land at this time.

    For this reason, the couple were also quite troubled, and the fields could not be left to dry without farmhands taking the initiative to come to them. Qin Xiaoman suggested to visit the houses of those who had worked as farmhands in their own homes.

    Once ordinary people become farm laborers, it is almost difficult to turn around and escape from such a fate. After all, ordinary people who own their own land are still living a life of exploitation, and the farm laborers have an employer, who only hangs their hands year after year. The tone is not starving to death.

    Most of the children born were also sent to the employer's owner to be slaves.

    The farm laborers in Tianwan Village all live in the remote areas, and most of them are from outside. Most of the villages are respected by the aborigines and common surnames, and most of the outsiders will be excluded, not to mention the low-level farm laborers who came to the village because of suffering. .

    These farm laborers usually spontaneously live in a group to keep warm and take care of each other.

    Du Heng followed Qin Xiaoman over the small hills and along the narrow path, and then saw a few small mud thatched huts from a distance, and met a few villagers with more patches on their clothes and trousers than the grain in the tank.

    If Qin Xiaoman hadn't brought him here, he would have been in the village for more than a year without knowing there was such a place.

    I feel that the conditions of those villagers who are common in the village are already quite poor, but the real suffering is still in this area.

    Qin Xiaoman walked in front, looked at Du Heng who was looking around, his eyebrows were twisted like twists and raised, "If I hadn't brought you back, maybe you would have been working as a farm laborer for someone else." Du Heng heard the

    words His brows moved slightly, and then he gave a low laugh, Xiao Man was right, he felt bitter looking at the common people here, if he was really living here, how could he still have the chance of today's scientific research.

    He stepped forward to hold Qin Xiaoman's arm, as if trying to please him: "I don't think any kind landlords and gentry would lease the land to a cripple, and I will only starve to death. In the end, you are kind-hearted and willing to accept me "

    Qin Xiaoman raised the corner of his mouth, if he hadn't been fascinated by this handsome appearance at the beginning, he might have found a farm laborer to be his son-in-law.