Chapter 1

Princess Sofia

"Good morning, Sofia. It's time to wake up." Said a familiar voice as I started to stir in my comfy bed and opened my eyes to see that it was Clover.

"Happy birthday, Sofia!" Exclaimed Clover, along with Mia and Robbin, as they presented me with a plate filled with a small piece of cake.

"Thank you so much!" I said, giggling as I picked up the fork and took a small bite of the cake, smiling as I let the chocolate sink in.

"It's your favorite chocolate cake." Said Clover.

As I took another bite of the cake before placing it on my nightstand, I turned to Clover with open hands, and he smiled.

"Fine, just because it's your birthday today, I'll give you a hug, Sof," He said, walking over to me as I giggled and hugged him.

Clover wasn't the type of bunny to give a lot of hugs, but occasionally, he would give me one on special occasions like today for my birthday.

Suddenly, we heard steps as I realized there must be more people coming to wish me a happy birthday; quickly, they sat on my window seat as the door opened to reveal Baileywick and Amber.

"Good morning, Princess Sofia; happy birthday." Said Baileywick as Amber nodded happily before smiling at me.

"Yes, happy birthday, Sofia!" exclaimed Amber, pulling me in for a tight hug and making me smile nervously at her.

"Uh, Amber.... Can't breathe," I said as she quickly let go and smiled.

"Oh, sorry, Sofia. I am just so excited about today," She said as I took a few deep breaths, looking at her and Baileywick.

"Thank you, Baileywick and Amber," I said as Amber and Baileywick smiled.

"I can't believe my baby sister has already come of age." She said, almost tearing up as I rolled my eyes and giggled.

"Oh, Amber, don't get too emotional; it's just another birthday," I said, smiling as she looked at me confused.

"Sofia, an 18th birthday is just as important as a 16th birthday," She said as I rolled my eyes playfully at her.

"It also means you're closer to getting betrothed soon." She added, winking at me and hugging me, and I pushed her away, smiling.

"If I haven't gotten betrothed yet, what makes you think I will now?" I asked her, confused as she smiled.

"True, we were lucky not to be betrothed and married right now, but you never know. Things could happen," she said, hesitating the last part, which worried me.

"What do you mean, Amber?" I asked as she sighed and looked around, almost ensuring no one was near us.

"Well, you know how I have been shadowing Daddy?" she asked as I nodded.

"It's not looking well in certain kingdoms right now; things are getting a bit bad, and many kingdoms are looking for alliances," she said as my eyes widened.

'This was indeed some news; they weren't the good type of news I wanted to hear.' I thought as I smiled at her nervously.

"But today is your day, Sofia; try not to worry about that right now, okay?" she said as I nodded.

"I will let you get ready and meet you downstairs for breakfast." Said, Amber.

"Be downstairs in 15 minutes." Said Amber as I nodded and headed to my dresser.

I wore a purple dress; the top was light purple with long sleeves, the bottom was dark purple, and the heels were light purple.

A while ago, I decided to dress myself instead of letting my animal friends help me, but they did occasionally help me if I needed help with my hair.