Chapter 10

Princess Sofia

I was surprised when my parents told me I couldn't concentrate during school. I was still in shock from what they had told me.

Amber, on the other hand, was excited and overjoyed after I told her, and when Dad announced it at the dinner table last night while, James nearly exploded.

He didn't really like Hugo much; he respected him, but after what happened with the flying derby team, he had a grudge against him.

He was only supportive during the Ice rink because I helped them all see equalness, and Hugo stood up for himself, which made them all respect him.

But again, he still didn't want him as my betrothed; besides that, he's very overprotective; with Amber, it's different because Desmond has always been a friendly and good guy.

Whereas for Hugo, well... let's say I helped him change and become a better person, but James was still overprotective.

Ultimately, he had to accept it because Mom and Dad had already made the arrangements, and they were on the go; as king and queen, they had the final say.

"Sofia, are you okay? You've been out of it for the last couple of days," Asked Nicolas as I snapped out of my thoughts.

I haven't told anyone yet about my betrothed, and I wonder if word got out officially about my betrothed.

"I... Yes. Sorry, I've been out of it; I just received some news yesterday and don't know how I feel," I said as he nodded.

"Is this about being betrothed to Hugo?" he asked, smirking as my eyes widened. How did he know?

"How did you?" I started, but he cut me off.

"Your Dad and King Garrick announced it early this morning," He said as my mouth dropped.

"Haven't you noticed all the people looking at you?" he laughed as I began to look around and saw people looking at me and whispering.

"I... I didn't notice. I am still trying to process this, if I'm being honest," I said as Nicolas nodded.

"What's there to process? Just enjoy that you are being betrothed to the man you love," She said as I shushed him.

"Shh! Nicolas," I said as he smirked.

"What's there to hide, Sofia? This will all come out soon; besides, you two are engaged," He said, laughing as I rolled my eyes.

"I will see you tomorrow, Nicolas," I said as I waved to him.

"Don't forget our final is tomorrow," Said Nicolas as he waved goodbye to me.

I haven't forgotten that studying has been my priority for the last couple of days, but with this, I felt like I couldn't concentrate anymore.

Sitting inside the carriage, I couldn't help but wonder; I wanted to send Hugo a letter about this, but I didn't know where to start.

As we got home, I went to my room and changed into my long purple pants, a long-sleeved shirt, and boots. It was my riding horse suit.

I headed out the door and ensured no one was looking since I wasn't supposed to go out without an escort.

"Princess Sofia, I see you already changed for the occasion," Said Baileywick as I looked at him, confused.

"Your special guest is waiting for you at the stables," He said, smiling as I smiled nervously at him.

"Thank you. Baileywick," I said as I made my way to the stables.