Chapter 33

Princess Sofia

No, this was impossible. I.... I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to believe it.

Hugo is not dead; he is not dead. I don't care that they found his coat all bloody; he was not dead. My heart was telling me otherwise; I felt my heart beating, and it was telling me he was alive.

But I still couldn't help but sob in my mother's arms; she and Amber comforted me while Dad was with my father-in-law and Astrid was with Axel.

Dad and my father-in-law have agreed to keep the search going; they will stop only once they find Hugo.

"Dad, if I may," said James as Dad and Garrick turned around to face James.

"As a graduated knight from Chivalry, Hall, I volunteer to lead the Enchancia men in the search for Hugo." He said as my eyes widened.

Was I hearing this correctly? James, my brother James, has volunteered as a knight to lead the men of Enchancia in the search for Hugo.

This surprised us all, especially me; James wasn't too fond of Hugo, so why would he use his skills to find him?

As I looked over at Dad, I saw him smile at James with pride and nod his head.

"You shall have all the men and preparations you want for your search," said Dad as my father-in-law nodded.

"Same from us, James; please do all you can to find my son," said my father-in-law as James nodded before looking at me.

"I shall do my best to find him, I promise," he said as I smiled at him.

"I think we all should get some rest now; we have had enough for one day and are drained." Said Mom as Dad nodded.

"I agree; we should try to get some rest. That way, we'll be ready for tomorrow." Said Dad as they were all preparing to leave.

Honestly, I didn't want to leave; I wanted to stay and wait to see if I heard any news. Besides, I didn't want to leave my father-in-law here alone.

Axel was married, and my father-in-law had no one for the moment; he, too, was hurting like me, and I thought I should stay with him for a while.

"If you guys don't mind, I'd like to stay here with Dad tonight," I said as I walked to my father-in-law, and he smiled.

"Sofia, you don't need.." started Axel, but I stopped him.

"Axel, you have a wife. A kingdom to run, and I know you want to be here, but you can't put your kingdom aside for much longer," I said as he looked down momentarily.

"They, too, are your family, like my parents have theirs." I finished as they smiled at me.

"I'll stay with Dad for the moment; we'll keep each other company and watch over each other. Besides, I know you'll be back as soon as you can." I said, smiling as he smiled and shook his head.

"Acting like a true queen already, aren't you, sister-in-law?" Said Axel smirking as he nodded.

"Okay, we'll do it your way, Sofia," said Axel as I looked at my parents.

"I suppose you can stay here if it isn't any trouble for Garrick?" Asked Mom as my father-in-law shook his head.

"Nonsense, Miranda. I'd be honored if she stayed here with me," said my father-in-law, as Mom nodded.

"Then it's settled," said Mom as I looked at Dad, who seemed to be thinking.

"Wait, I think it might be wise for James to stay as well," said Dad as I frowned, confused.