Chapter 45

King Garrick

It had been two weeks since Sofia was named and took charge of the search for Hugo, and so far, we have made some progress.

Firstly, as I have told Hugo before about Victoria, it seemed like no one from our kingdom knew her.

Which honestly made sense as to why no one answered the flyers we posted about her disappearance.

But now this also made me wonder if she isn't from here, then where is she from?

Sofia thinks it's very suspicious, like Axel, since we don't know much about her, but simultaneously, she saved Hugo's life once we have to repay her somehow.

The days Sofia spent here were terrific; it was like having my Elizabeth back with all the joy she carried; the only person missing was Hugo.

But I'm confident he will be here soon, and we will be a family.

It had been a few days since Sofia left the castle to explore more of Whelsire, and I must say, the castle seemed a bit lonely.

So, I decided to invite my son and his wife to have them join me for dinner. Strangely enough, as I was about to send the urgent letter, I received one from their kingdom.

Dear father,

I hope you are doing well this evening. My wife and I have decided to go spend the evening with you today.

We will arrive shortly after lunch. We just need to finish a couple of things here before we can go on our way.

I can't wait to see you, Father; I hope to hear good news from my sister-in-law's quest to find my little brother. Until the evening, father.

Love, Axel.

As I read the letter, I couldn't help but feel happy; my son and daughter-in-law were coming over to spend the day at Whelsire.

I decided to finish the few scrolls I had left before my meeting with the council of Whelsire.

If I'm being honest, though, I knew why they wanted to meet; it would probably be about my son Hugo's disappearance.

Since he was now the crowned prince and was missing or presumed dead by many without proof, they would want to know what would happen to Whelsire after I retired.

Even though that scenario is far from reality, I am still young and can, if I choose, lead this country until my death.

But the council would want to know what would happen to Whelsire after I am dead, even though, if I'm being honest, I think this is the council trying to take over the kingdom.

After my meeting, I had a bit of lunch, though if I'm being honest, I wasn't that hungry.

That meeting with the council just wasn't it, as I have suspected they have someone they have in mind to take over if Hugo isn't found.

"Dad!" Exclaimed Axel as he came up to hug me.

"Axel, how are you, son?" I asked as he smiled as Astrid came towards us.

"Hello, Astrid, my dear; so glad you can come," I said as she smiled.

"It's the least we could do, Dad," she said as she hugged me.

"I am doing well, Dad; what about you?" He asked as I shrugged.

"Could be worse, son, it could be worse," I said as he frowned.