Chapter 64

The Next Day

Princess Sofia

I was heading down for breakfast today; however, if I'm being honest, I wasn't too hungry.

But I had to eat something because if I didn't, I knew my family would be suspicious.

As I entered the dining room, I saw that it was my parents, Amber and Edmond, with Desmond nowhere to be in sight.

"Where's Desmond?" I asked Amber as I took my seat.

"He received a letter from Mezbez and went to see what it was about," said Amber as I nodded.

While my breakfast was placed on my plate, I sighed happily to see that it was light.

It was a bit of fruit with two scones and a chocolate croissant, my favorite; while to drink, there was water, tea, orange juice, or milk.

"Thank you," I said to the maid. She smiled and nodded as I picked up my fork and took a bite of my fruit.

"I received a letter from James today, and he says everything is going well," said Mom as Dad nodded.

"So did I, but mine involved a bit more about kingdom business with trading," said Dad as Mom smiled.

"I am back. Sorry about the sudden excuse," said Desmond as Mom and Dad shook their head.

"Not at all, Desmond," said Dad as he smiled.

"Family always comes first," said Mom as he nodded, and I took another bite of my food.

"We'll my family in Mezbez isn't my only family; you all are as well." He said as Mom and Dad smiled.

"Ever since I married Amber, you guys have been very welcoming, as well as the staff that I feel at home," he said as they smiled.

"It's because you made it that way, dear; you got them to love you on short notice," said Amber as Desmond smiled.

"If I'm being honest, I thought your castle staff would hate me," he said, chuckling as I heard Victoria's voice again.

Flashback

"Don't you think you might be bugging them?" She said.

"That may be so, but I've heard somethings some of the maids said as well as the guards," she said.

"Some aren't happy the prince chooses you when you really don't have much to offer," she said.

"That's what I heard, but don't believe me; like I said, they're probably just rumors," she said.

End of Flashback

"So, how are the preparations going, Sofia?" Asked a familiar voice.

"Sofia?" Asked Mom as I snapped out of my thoughts and turned around to face her.

"Yes, mother?" I asked as she looked concerned.

"Amber just asked you a question, dear. Are you alright?" She asked as I nodded.

"Yes," I said, nodding as they looked at me concerned.

"I'm sorry. What were you saying, Amber?" I asked her as she frowned, confused, and then smiled.

"I was asking how are the preparations going?" She asked, smiling as I smiled at her.

"Terrific but tiring," I said as she smiled.

"What do you have so far?" Asked Mom, as I thought.

"The dress is in the making; the color, flowers, location, and decoration designs are done," I said as they nodded.