Chapter 61

Princess Victoria

As I returned to my room, I couldn't help but bump into one of the maids; Isobel was her name, I think.

"Ouch!" I said as I turned around to face the maid, confused.

"Miss Victoria, I am so sorry," She said as I rolled my eyes.

"What's your name again?" Asked as she smiled.

"Isobel, but you can call me Izzie," she said as I chuckled.

"What kind of name is that?" I said as she lost her smile.

"Anyways, watch where you are going, Isobel; I don't like to be touched by servants," I said as she frowned, confused.

"I beg your pardon?" She said as I raised an eyebrow.

Did this woman really respond to me? She was lucky not to know who I was because she wouldn't have talked back to me if she had.

Honestly, I am tired of having to play the part of an innocent girl; what's the point if I am to leave soon and Hugo doesn't love me?

"You heard me, Isobel; watch where you're walking because next time I won't be so nice," I said as she raised an eyebrow at me.

"Who do you think you are?" She asked as I smirked at her.

"The one who saved the crowned prince's life," I said, smiling as she rolled her eyes and smirked.

"Listen here, Miss Victoria, you may be the one who saved the prince's life, but to us, you are nothing of royalty but a guest," she said as I narrowed my eyes at her.

"How dare..." I started, but she cut me off.

"We are grateful that you saved the prince's life, but don't walk here like you are his future bride when you're not," She said as I felt my fist hardening.

"Why, you little..." I started, but she cut me off again.

"His new bride will be here in a few days to inspect for the wedding," she said, smiling as I frowned.

"What did you say?" I asked as she smiled.

"You heard me well, Victoria, so I suggest you start acting more politely before they throw you out," she said as I smirked at her.

"Hugo, wouldn't dare I save his life," I said, smiling as she sighed.

"That may be so, but he and Princess Sofia don't tolerate people disrespecting their staff," she said as my eyes widened.

"Who?" I asked as she smiled and took a step back.

"Didn't you hear? He won't the competition and is now engaged to Princess Sofia of Enchancia again," She said as I felt my blood boil.

No, how could this be? She was probably lying; I know for sure my brother didn't win. But my father didn't say anything about Hugo winning; she's possibly lying.

"You're lying; you're just saying that to scare me," I said, raising my eyebrow at her as she shook her head and smiled.

"No, the future queen will be here soon, so I suggest you don't get too comfortable," she said, smiling as she walked away.

'What?! This can't be!' I exclaimed to myself.

'I can't let her come here and take what is mine; who does she think she is?!' I thought as I started panicking.

Why didn't my father tell me about this? He was wrong if it was because he thought I wouldn't be with him on his plan.

'Why that stupid little!' I exclaimed as I ran to my room; as I entered the door, I slammed the door.