Chapter 81

King Hugo

I was in my office looking outside the window when I suddenly heard a knock at my door; it opened to reveal Antoinette.

She had brought me my breakfast today since I told Isaac I wanted breakfast in my office today.

It probably wasn't the best idea, but I couldn't go down today and see Sofia after our argument this morning.

"Your breakfast, your majesty," said Antoinette as I nodded as she quickly walked inside and placed my breakfast on the desk.

"Is there anything else I can do for you, your majesty?" She asked as I shook my head before looking at her.

"No, thank you, Antoniette," I said, walking towards my desk as she stood in front of my desk and smiled.

"Are you sure?" She asked seductively as I frowned, confused.

'What is she trying to do?' I thought as I nodded and sat behind my desk as she walked to the front of the desk.

"I can help you with anything you ask, Your Majesty," she said as my eyes widened.

'Is she serious?' I thought to myself and nearly laughed.

"I know what you're doing, Antoniette, and for your sake, I am going to pretend I didn't hear that," I said as she looked surprised.

"You may leave," I said as she pouted, upset, and walked out of the office, annoyed.

As she closed the door, I rolled my eyes and chuckled; I'd be lying if I said that didn't make me chuckle.

She literally had just offered herself to me like nothing; Antoniette has been working here since I was a kid.

Her mother and she came to the castle when my mother and father married; they were from my mother's kingdom.

Sadly, her mother died two years after that, but my parents made sure to look after her.

However, she was now pushing it. I knew she had a crush on me when I was younger, but I thought that went away.

'I guess not,' I thought as I sat down and began to take small bites of my food.

'I wondered what would have happened if Sofia had seen that?' I thought and couldn't help but chuckle.

She would have fired her on the spot, not that I would have stopped her since Antoniette was now crossing the limit. Then, a sudden wave of sadness hit me and made me lose my appetite.

Flashback

"Hugo, are we alright?" She asked as I looked at her, confused.

Then she sighed, walked towards me, and placed her hands on my face.

"Why wouldn't we be alright?" I asked, raising my eyebrows as I sighed.

"I mean, we haven't been spending a lot of time together, and it's been getting harder to get answers from you," she said as I looked down.

Then I placed my hands on hers and began to bring them down, avoiding eye contact.

"I could say the same from you?" I said, looking down at her hands as I felt her tense up.

"I have to get to the office; I have lots of papers I have to get through," I said, looking down.

As I headed out of the room, I opened the door, avoiding eye contact with her, before closing the door and leaving.

End of Flashback

I shook my head as I remembered what happened. I didn't mean to talk to her that way; it sort of slipped.