Chapter 57

King Garrick

I woke up with such joy today. I honestly felt like I was still dreaming.

I still couldn't believe it. My son was alive, he was really alive, and as soon as the guards came to tell me the news, I felt like I was going crazy.

I almost didn't believe him when he told me that my son was alive; I only went because my heart still believed.

So I decided to follow my heart, and soon enough, to my surprise, I ran outside and found my son alive.

I felt like I was going to faint the moment I saw him and cry happy tears; it was then I knew that my Elizabeth had helped him return to us.

I stood up from my bed and headed to my closet to find my clothes; I took a bath, quickly dressed, and headed down to my study room.

As I made my way to the study room, I couldn't stop thinking about last night's events; they honestly felt like a dream.

Last night was truly a fantastic time in my life. I felt like I had gained my son and the energy to live once again.

My family was finally complete again. Well, almost it was still missing one last person to fully be complete.

As soon as I walked into the study room, it was then I remembered I had to send an immediate letter to my son Axel.

He would be so excited about seeing his brother again, I also wanted to send Sofia one as well.

However, I have to talk to Hugo about everything that's happened since his disappearance.

I know it is going to be hard for him to hear this last part, but he should know, and depending on what Hugo says is what we will do.

I quickly went to my desk, took a piece of paper and a pen, and began writing to my son.

Dear Axel,

I hope you're doing well, son, and I am sorry to keep this letter short, but I need you to come to Whelsire immediately.

Your brother Hugo has returned, and he's alive! Please come quickly. We need to discuss this with him. Everything that has happened.

Sincerely, your father.

P.S. Don't tell anyone yet.

I quickly folded the letter, placed it in an envelope, and stamped it with the royal seal of Whelsire. Then, my royal Stewart Isaac entered.

"You're majesty, breakfast is ready," he said as I nodded.

"Isaac, could you do me a favor and have this letter sent urgently to Freezenberg," I said as he nodded.

"Of course, Your Majesty," he said, taking the envelope and leaving quickly as I headed towards breakfast.

On my way over to breakfast, I passed by Isobel, who looked concerned.

"Isobel, is anything wrong?" I asked her as she shrugged.

"Honestly, I'm not 100% sure, Your Majesty," she said as I frowned, confused,

"Why, what's wrong?" I asked her as she sighed.

"I don't know why, Your Majesty, but something doesn't feel right about Victoria," she said, concerned as I nodded.

"Why did something happen?" I asked as she shook her head.

"Not exactly, but I don't know. She's giving me off vibes. I don't know if that makes sense," she said as I nodded.