Chapter 48

Three months later

King Frederick

I was looking outside, admiring the late summer. It was the crack of dawn, and I watched as the sun rose.

Today was a special day, yes, indeed. I looked down to see the wedding invitation of Princess Amber of Enchancia and Prince Desmond of Mezbez.

Today was their wedding, and I'm surprised they chose to have their wedding in mid-August.

As royalty, my son and I were invited to this event; I know he only likes these events because he gets to see Princess Sofia and dance with her.

I've heard that the princess is now in charge of the search for the crowned Prince of Whelsire; too bad she won't ever find him; he's either dead or disappeared by now.

The last I heard from my daughter, she told the General she was already doing her part of the deal and to let her be, but according to the General, something was odd.

Apparently, not only was my daughter acting strange, but she seemed angry as hell, and the General noticed her carrying a bunch of herbs, which could only mean one thing.

The Prince was either dead or close to death, and she was trying to save him. If I'm being honest, I would prefer he die; it's less trouble for us anyway.

So, as I said before, Princess Sofia won't find him alive. I did, however, try to send my daughter a letter telling her about how the search has changed.

It has a new leader, and she should be careful wherever she is located. I even suggested she try to make them lose their track.

In other words, provide something from Hugo that will cause them to believe he is dead; only then will they stop looking for him.

"My king?" Said a familiar voice as I turned around to see the General.

"Yes, General?" I asked, frowning as he smiled at me.

"It is done," he said as I smirked at him wickedly.

"Perfect, have some guards sent there to make sure no one discovers the place," I said as he nodded.

"Yes, my King," he said as he bowed.

It took us three months, but we finally did it; I finally had a place of my own no one would discover.

We have been working on an underground dungeon for weeks, which would be my hideout for the rest of my plans to take action.

This dungeon would be made especially for Garrick, where he will watch his son Hugo and Sofia die once and for all.

After a few minutes, I heard footsteps approach me, and I turned around to see it was the General. I turned around to face him.

"It's all done, Your Majesty," he said as I smiled.

"Good work, General," I said as he nodded.

"What's next, my king?" He said as I smirked at him.

"Next comes the best part of the plan, the atomic bomb," I said as he frowned.

"I don't understand, Your Majesty," he said as I chuckled.

"You see, it's like a domino effect. All it takes is one fall for the rest to follow," I said as he continued to frown.

"What is it that you need me to do?" He said as I chuckled.

"I need you.... Hurt...." I said as his eyes widened, and I pointed a finger in his direction.