Chapter 17

Princess Sofia

I wouldn't say I liked it one bit about Hugo leaving, but I couldn't stop him, especially if it was for our future kingdom.

I stayed with them for a while before departing back home; I had never seen so much supervision for me all at once.

Honestly, it was a bit overwhelming. I looked out the window to see the castle; I was almost home, yet I couldn't stop worrying about Hugo.

'I hope our last hug and kiss won't be the last one we ever have.' I thought as we landed.

The coachmen opened the door to reveal more guards surrounding the aisle; as I entered inside, I was greeted by Baileywick.

"Princess Sofia, you're back. I am so glad you are okay, and nothing happened to you," He said as I smiled.

"Thank you, Baileywick. Do you know where my parents are?" I asked as he nodded.

"They're in the dining room since it's almost dinner time," He said as I nodded.

I didn't realize it was almost sunset and close to dinner time; I spent most of my day today in Whelsire.

But then again, how could I not? Today was basically the last day I would see Hugo before he went to war.

I wasn't sure if he would come back alive or not; I was trying to have faith and hope, but something in my heart was not letting me be calm.

"I will go see them then," I said as he nodded.

I was heading toward the dining room when I ran into James and Amber. They must be going to the dining room for dinner as well.

"Sofia!" they both exclaimed as they raced towards me and hugged me.

"Are you alright?" asked James, worried as he examined me for bruises.

"We heard what happened," Added Amber as she did the same thing James did as I took a step back.

"Yes, yes, I'm alright. But..." I said as they both frowned.

"But what?" asked James as I bit my lip and shook my head.

"I'll tell you at dinner with Mom and Dad," I said as they frowned before looking at me again, worried.

"Alright, if you say so," said Amber, disappointed.

"But you sure you are alright?" asked James again as I nodded.

"Come on, let's head to dinner," I said as we headed to the dining room.

"By the way, Sofia, that dress is so beautiful. Where did you get it?" asked Amber as I smiled.

"Whelsire, Dad gave me a whole new wardrobe and my private quarters at Whelsire," I said as she smiled, and James frowned.

"Dad?" he asked as I nodded.

"That's what King Garrick suggests I call him now, especially since we are to be family now," I smiled as he nodded.

"Wow, the whole treatment, huh?" asked Amber, smirking as I smiled and shook my head.

When we arrived at the dining room, we saw Mom and Dad sitting down and looking at some scrolls.

"Sofia!" They said as they looked up to see us arriving. They quickly stood up and gave me a hug.

"Are you alright?" asked Dad as I nodded.

"Did they hurt you?" asked Mom as I shook my head.

"Yes, I'm alright, and no, Mom, they didn't hurt me. I'm alright. Hugo and Dad protected me," I said as they nodded.