Chapter 65

The following day

Princess Sofia

I woke up to my animal friends chirping a lovely song as I woke up smiling.

"Good morning, Sofia," said Robbin as I smiled.

"Good morning, Robbin, Mia, and Clover," I said, smiling at them as I padded Clover.

"How did you sleep?" asked Mia as I smiled.

"Terrific, and you guys?" I asked them as they smiled.

"Good," Said Mia.

"Especially because we now know that you slept well, too," said Robbin as I smiled.

"Thanks, guys," I said as Clover yawned.

"How about a picnic, Sof?" Asked Clover as I smiled nervously at him.

"How about a raincheck, guys?" I said as they smiled and nodded.

"Sorry, today I have to go back and make sure the rest of the preparations are up to date," I said as they nodded.

"Don't worry, Sofia, we get it," said Mia as I smiled.

"Thanks, guys, it's just for a couple of days," I said as they nodded.

"As long as you include some extra carrots for me," said Clover, smiling as I giggled.

"Of course, Clover," I said as he smiled.

"Then the raincheck is welcomed," he said as I smiled, and then there was a sudden knock at my door.

"Come in," I said as the door opened to reveal Sussett and Marcie.

"Good morning, Princess Sofia," Said Marcie.

"Did you sleep well, ma'am?" Said Sussett as I smiled at them.

"I did thank you," I said as they smiled and helped me prepare for the day.

I chose to wear a teal blue dress with short sleeves, pearls dangling from the bottom of the dress and the top of the sleeves, and matching heels.

I styled my hair into a fish braid and wore a teal tiara with my amulet, bracelet, and ring.

"Done," said Sussett as I smiled.

"Thank you," I said as they smiled and bowed before leaving as I was about to make my way towards breakfast.

"I will see you guys later," I said to my animal friends as they nodded and waved goodbye.

As I headed to the dining room for breakfast, I saw that Mom and I were the only ones there, along with Edmond.

"Good morning, Mom; where is everyone?" I asked her, frowning, confused, as she smiled at me.

"Good morning, Sofia. Your Dad and Amber had a meeting this morning with King Magnus," she said as I nodded.

"Desmond went with them?" I asked as she nodded.

"So you're stuck babysitting?" I said as she smiled and shook her head.

"Not babysitting, caring for my grandchild," she said as I giggled.

"Alright, Mom," I said as I sat beside her and waited for them to bring me my breakfast.

"How are the preparations going, dear?" Asked Mom as I smiled at her as they brought me my breakfast.

"Good, it takes a lot to plan a wedding," I said as Mom nodded.

"Tell me about it, dear. Also, a letter arrived for you," she said, taking out the envelope and handing it to me as I took a bite of my food.

"Thanks, Mom," I said as I looked at the envelope and smiled.