Chapter 71

Two days later

King Hugo

It had been two days since Hildegard and Zandar's wedding, and the nightmares continued.

I can barely sleep now at times; I go to bed with my wife but always wake up because of the nightmares.

The only difference is that I don't wake her up this time, which is a good thing because I don't want her to worry or ask.

Especially after waking up from the nightmare, I head to the gym because I can't fall asleep.

Sometimes, in the middle of the night, I leave for a bit and work out and then come back a few hours later, shower, and climb back to bed, hoping to sleep for a bit.

Eventually, sometimes I do, and other times I don't because I wake up around 5 am, and after I work out, I shower and start my day.

Sofia hasn't noticed any of this, and frankly, I think this is better since I haven't told her I am still having nightmares.

If I'm being honest, I don't think I will be telling her anytime soon, especially with what I saw at the wedding.

Flashback

I was looking around, trying to find Sofia since it had been a while since she left for the restroom, but I couldn't find her.

I decided to look for her and found her talking happily with Louis, which made my blood boil and worried me.

'Could he be the one the voice told me about in my dreams?' I thought as I looked at them, talking happily.

I was about to step in when Victoria popped out of nowhere and stopped me from going with my wife and her brother.

"Hugo, how are you? Did you get my letter?" She asked, smirking as I nodded.

"Hello, Victoria, I did, and I don't think the trade is going to happen, Victoria," I said, not looking at her.

"What a pity," she said as I looked down at her for a moment and then back at Sofia and Louis, laughing.

Then I looked back at Victoria and noticed her cheek was red as I looked at her, confused.

"What happened, Victoria?" I asked as she shook her head and smiled.

"Nothing, bumped into a wall, clumsy me," she said as she raised her hand to my cheek.

"It's so kind of you to worry about me, though," she said, smirking as I pulled her hand away.

"Victoria," I said, but she cut me off.

"Shh, don't worry, Hugo, we aren't doing anything bad," she said, smiling as I frowned at her.

"I mean, take a look at your wife and my brother. They are talking and laughing," she said, smirking as I raised my eyebrow at her.

I looked at them, and for once, she was right. They were talking and laughing, but not only that, he was also hugging my wife.

I must admit this made me jealous, and I clenched my hand into a tight fist.

"Jealous, aren't you, dear?" She asked, sounding a bit annoyed, I think.

"No, not at all. I trust my wife," I said as I tried to calm myself down.

"I wouldn't," she said as I looked at her, confused.

"Of course, you wouldn't," I said as she shrugged.