Chapter 74

Queen Sofia

As we walked into the castle, we saw the hallways decorated beautifully.

"It seems they outdid themselves," I said as Hugo slightly chuckled.

"It's Amber we are talking about, dear," he said as I giggled and nodded.

"That's true. Amber does like to be extra, and she throws the biggest parties," I said as he nodded.

"So we shouldn't be surprised that she may have invited all the kingdoms again?" Asked Hugo as I shrugged.

"Well, I'm not sure; usually, for the anniversary, it's mostly villagers and some royals since many royals don't attend," I said as he nodded.

"But they were invited, right?" He asked as I nodded.

"Yes, she probably did invite every kingdom in the Ever Realm, but I'm pretty sure only a third might show up," I said as he nodded.

"So it will be mostly villagers, then?" He asked as I nodded as he smiled.

'That's odd,' I thought as we continued to walk. Why is he concerned about who will come to the ball?

"Is everything alright, Hugo?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at him as we stopped walking.

"Yes," he said, smiling at me as I smiled at him before we began to walk again.

"Sofia!" Said a voice as I turned around to see Baileywick smiling and walking towards us.

"Hello Baileywick, how are you?" I asked as I hugged him.

Since arriving at the palace, Baileywick has always helped me. He wasn't just the castle steward; he was also like our nanny, who always understood us.

He always sounds away to make us smile and be happy; he is more than that. He is like family to us.

"I am doing very well, Sofia, thank you," He asked as I smiled at him as we parted.

"Hugo, how are you?" He asked, extending his arm to Hugo as Hugo smiled and greeted him.

"I am doing terrific," he said as I smiled.

"That's wonderful, and you, Sofia?" He asked as I giggled and nodded.

"I am doing well, too," I said, smiling as he smiled.

"We all miss you dearly but are happy that you are doing well and are happy," said Baileywick as I smiled.

"Thank you. I miss you all dearly as well," I said as he smiled.

"Everyone is waiting for you at the ballroom; if you'll excuse me, I must go to the kitchen to get more salad," he said as we nodded.

"Thank you, Baileywick," I said as he smiled and left towards the kitchen.

We continued to walk towards the ballroom, and as soon as we entered, we saw that it was full of guests.

Many were recognizable, while others weren't, and both groups were villagers and royalty.

Since I grew up in the village, I knew many of the people; however, there were also many new people.

While I am still getting to know my whole list of royals clearly, the ones who came usually needed to learn Enchancia better and wanted to learn more about us.

As we walked in, we heard familiar voices and turned to see James and Vivian calling us.

"Sofia, Hugo!" Exclaimed Vivian as they came towards us.

"Hey, Sof, we just heard the news. Is it true?" Asked James, smirking as I looked at him confused.

"What news?" I asked him as he and Vivian smiled and laughed.