Chapter 3

Princess Sofia

We made our way back to the ballroom, and as we entered, I saw Nicolas approaching Hugo and me as I felt him tightening up.

"There you are; we have been looking for you, Sofia." Said Nicolas, smiling as he looked over at Hugo and then at me before smirking.

"Oh, if you needed a minute, I could give you another one," he said as my eyes widened, and I shook my head.

"Nicolas, this is Hugo. Hugo, this is Nicolas." I said to them as they greeted each other.

"Pleasure, Hugo." Said Nicolas, smiling.

"Same here, Nicolas." Said Hugo, a bit confused.

"I've heard a lot about you, Hugo..." Said Nicolas, smirking as I cut him off, not wanting him to say anything to Hugo about what we talked about.

"Why have you been looking for me?" I asked him, racing my eyebrow, confused as Nicolas smiled.

"They're waiting for you to cut the cake." He said as I looked over to see my Mom signaling me to go over.

"Let's all gather around then," I said as they nodded and followed me.

Apart from Vivian, Nicolas was the only person who knew what I felt for Hugo; many others suspected it but didn't say much.

'If I am being honest, that is how I want it to stay. Can you believe if everyone knew? That would be a nightmare.' I thought as I shook my head.

Especially Amber, who went crazy whenever a guy showed interest in me.

The last person I wanted to know my feelings for Hugo was himself unless I was the one who told him, and I don't think I would ever because I don't want to ruin a good friendship.

After everyone sang happy birthday to me and we had some cake, we all decided to have one last dance before the night was over. I was looking for Hugo when I saw Prince Louis come my way.

"Princess Sofia, would you do me the honor of having another dance?" he asked me as I turned around to find Hugo, but he was nowhere in sight.

"Sure," I said, slightly hesitating.

"You are wonderful, you know; I am very interested in getting to know you more if possible?" he asked me as I smiled at him.

"I don't have a problem with it, Louis, but It might have to wait since it is getting closer to graduation, and I need to study for my finals," I said as he smiled.

"Of course, princess. No rush." He said as the song ended, and everyone bowed to their partner.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I urge you all to please accompany us to the last dance of the night for Princess Sofia's birthday!" said Dad as everyone began to switch partners or look for a partner.

"Care for another dance?" asked Louis.

"I believe you owe me a dance princess." Said a familiar voice as I looked to see that it was Hugo.

"Seems fair." Said Louis as he stepped away from us, and I took Hugo's hand.

The song started, and everyone began dancing; I saw Astrid and Axel dancing from afar.

'Finally, those two love birds were doing something together.' I thought as I giggled.

"What's so funny?" Hugo asked as I rolled my eyes toward Axel.

"Take a look at your brother," I said, giggling as he looked over to him dancing with Astrid and chuckled.

"Don't they make such a cute couple?" I asked him as he frowned.