Chapter 31

Princess Sofia

"S-S-Sofia?" Said a voice.

"S-S-Sofia..." Repeated the voice.

"Hugo..." I heard myself say.

"Hugo? Hugo? Hugo!" I exclaimed as I woke up from my slumber and began to breathe heavily.

"Sofia, what's wrong?" Asked Clover as Mia and Robbin came to me as well.

"Something, something wrong," I said as they frowned.

"There, there, maybe it was a nightmare." Said Mia as I shook my head.

"No, this didn't feel like a nightmare. It felt so real," I said as they frowned and got worried.

"What happened?" Asked Robbin as I tried to calm my breathing.

"I saw Hugo..... he... he was smiling and then suddenly there was like a loud explosion, and everything was vibrating, and.... And I heard him." I said as I began to think.

Was this all my imagination? Was I just dreaming, or was Hugo really calling me?

"Did Hugo tell you something?" Asked Robbin as I shook my head.

"No, it was...." I said, but at that moment, I saw my dream flash between my eyes.

Everything was flashing so fast that I closed my eyes and felt myself grow dizzy from all the flashes.

"It's Hugo! He's in trouble." I finally said as everyone looked at me concerned.

"What do you mean, Sofia?" Asked Robbin.

"In the dream, Hugo was there, and then when the vibration and the explosion were heard and felt, he disappeared; there was nothing but smoke," I said as I stood up from my bed.

"I tried to look for him, but nothing. All I could hear was him calling my name." I said as they looked at each other and then back at me.

"You have to believe me. Something is totally off," I said as they nodded.

"Alright, Sofia, we'll go and investigate to see what's going on." Said Robbin as she and Mia began to fly.

"I'll stay here with Sofia and try to get her to go back to sleep." Said Clover as they nodded and left.

I tried my best to fall back asleep, but it was pointless; all I could hear was Hugo's voice; he kept on calling me.

Without even realizing it, I stayed up most of the night; I had closed my eyes for what felt like a second. But Clover told me I managed to fall asleep only for a few minutes.

I couldn't take it anymore; something was terribly wrong. I decided it was time to get some answers.

As soon as the sun rose, I quickly got up from my bed and pulled the rope, signaling the bell of my room. Quickly, a maid appeared.

"Yes, ma'am, you rang?" She asked as I nodded.

"Please have them bring me my breakfast to my room and have Baileywick prepare a carriage for me immediately; I'm going to Whelsire," I said as she nodded and left.

As I stepped into my closet to find a dress, I heard someone enter my room, and I stepped out to see Baileywick concerned.

"Sofia, what's going on?" He asked as I looked at him.

"Is my carriage ready yet?" I asked as he nodded.

"They are preparing it now, and your breakfast will be here soon. Now, what's going on?" He asked as I sighed.