Chapter 21

Prince Axel

The Next Day/Wedding Day

Today was the day, I was finally getting married, I was very excited and nervous, but I knew deep down everything would turn out alright.

Astrid and I love each other, and I feel this will be amazing; although I was disappointed and upset that Hugo couldn't be here, I understood.

He was doing his duty as the future crowned prince of Whelsire, protecting its kingdom and people.

I miss him dearly, but if he were here today, he would be teasing me and hyping me up for this day, making me a bit nervous.

We have been getting prisoners at Whelsire and locked them up; till to this day, none of them are willing to speak a word.

If I'm being honest, this is frustrating us; we are capturing and even have killed some of the men we still have no idea who is behind all this.

My Dad told me about Hugo's letter a few days ago; he explained to us what was happening and that he was safe.

That letter did calm us down, but then again, it also worried me; I don't know if it was just me, but I have a feeling that something was going to happen to Hugo.

Hugo has been sending some letters to Sofia, and I'm hoping I can see her today to ask her if she knows how he is doing since she receives more later than us.

If I'm being honest, I'm not surprised. They are betrothed, and my brother loves her dearly, so I'm not surprised he is sending her letters to calm her down.

I wonder how she is doing and taking all of this if it is traveling for me, and my father imagines how it can be for her.

I would've preferred to have the wedding in Welshire, but with everything that's been going on with the war, it isn't suitable enough to have a wedding there.

Luckily enough, Freezenberg is also a great location to have the wedding; it's just like Wilshire, except it's a bit more magical with its flowers.

You see, Freezenberg gets snow much quicker than Welshire does, but not by a lot; possibly, it only wins by a few days.

However, the only difference is that Freezenberg they have beautiful winter flowers that shine in the snow, and Astrid wanted to include them in the wedding.

Last night was the last night I would ever spend in Welshire because after we returned from the honeymoon, we would be crowned king and queen of Freezenberg.

I couldn't believe it; I was finally leaving the kingdom for another. It was a bit devastating, but deep down, I am happy because I will be with the love of my life.

I had made my suitcase, and my father and I were on our way this early morning to Freezenberg.

"Are you excited for today?" he asked as I nodded.

"And a bit nervous," I said as she smiled.

"You will be fine, son; everyone gets nervous on their wedding day." He said as I smiled.

"Thanks, Dad; I sure wish Hugo was here, though," I said as Dad nodded and gave me a small smile.

"I know, son, I, too, wish he was here, but he's doing an excellent job protecting the kingdom and its people, or so I heard from the general." Said Dad as I nodded.

"Have you heard anything else from him?" I asked as he shook his head.

"No, but I think I know someone who might." He said as I nodded.