Chapter 68

Two Weeks later

King Hugo

I woke up to see Sofia sleeping peacefully in my arms; these last two weeks have been the best of my life.

I wish this moment could stay this way and never have to end; however, I knew that was impossible.

Today, Sofia and I were on our way back to Whelsire to begin our new era as the king and queen of Whelsire.

Honestly, I was nervous about it; It's a big responsibility, and what if I mess up?

Suddenly, I felt Sofia shift slightly, causing me to look down at her, but she was still sleeping peacefully in my arms.

Over these last two weeks, Sofia and I have gotten to know each other, not just by heart but also by body and soul.

We had a new adventure every day since we set sail; we stopped on many islands and beaches.

We discovered many new things, such as food and different items on land; the good thing was that we were officially king and queen; this way, we were treated with respect.

The reason for this is that many of those lands weren't welcoming to new people, but because we were royalty, they allowed us to enter.

We explained that we were the new king and queen of Whelsire and were on a trip. From there, they happily received us and gave us souvenirs as reminders.

We have brought back many beautiful shells from the beaches, books, and some fabrics Sofia loves.

"Good morning," she said as I looked down to see her smiling.

"Good morning, my darling wife. Did you sleep well?" I asked as she smiled.

"I did, and you?" She asked as I nodded as she raised an eyebrow at me.

"What's wrong?" She asked as I chuckled.

"Nothing escapes you, does it?" I asked smiling as she shook her head smiling.

"Nope, I know you very well, just like you know me," she said as I sighed before smiling.

"Well, I am a bit nervous about returning today," I said as she smiled at me and brought her hand to my cheek.

"I am too, but don't worry, don't it, dear; I have a good feeling about us leading this kingdom," she said, smiling as I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Really?" I asked as she nodded, smiling.

"Yes," she said, smiling as I couldn't help but slightly frown, confused.

"How so?" I asked as she giggled and shifted closer so I could see her beautiful eyes.

"Well, we're both fair and loyal people and according to our history, I just know we're going to do our best to help our kingdom," she said as I nodded.

"You are so right, Sofia; this is why I married you," I said, smirking at her as she giggled.

"You married me because you love me," she said as I nodded.

"That too," I said as she giggled and pulled me in for a kiss.

As we parted from the kiss, we still gave each other pecks on the lips as we smiled.

"We should probably get ready," she said as I groaned and pulled her closer.

"Just a couple more minutes more," I said as she giggled.

"Hugo, we're going to be there soon and should be dressed," she said as I frowned, disappointed.

"Sadly, you're right," I said as she smirked at me.