Chapter 30

Wassalia Day Part 2

Princess Amber

I was getting ready for the big Wassalia party and couldn't decide what to wear, light or dark green.

I finally decided to wear a simple dark green dress with long sleeves, a gold tiara, earrings, and a necklace.

I decided to wear black heels and let my curls loose; I was just about finished when Sofia entered my room very happy.

"Sofia, are you ready for the party?" I asked as she signed, not really listening to me.

"Sofia?" I asked again as she giggled.

"Oh Amber, yes I am. I've been ready since this morning," she said as I frowned.

"You meant you're going to wear that dress?" I asked as she nodded.

I smiled and then shrugged at her; sometimes, I don't understand my sister. I was about to ask her something else when I noticed she was carrying a letter, and I frowned.

"Is that a letter, Sofia?" I asked as she nodded.

"Who is it from?" I asked as she smiled.

"Can't you guess?" She asked, smirking as I quickly gasped.

'Could it be from Hugo?' I thought.

"Is it from a certain prince from Whelsire whose name is Hugo?" I said, smirking as she nodded and blushed.

"Yes, he responded to my letter." She said, happy as I smiled at her.

"Didn't I tell you it was a good idea? What did he say?" I asked her, smirking as she handed me a letter to read.

"Wow," I told her as I handed the letter back to her.

"See what did I tell you, Sofia? Everything did turn out alright." I said as she smiled.

"You're right, Amber; I just need to believe and trust." She said as I nodded.

"Did you receive anything from Desmond?" She asked me as I smiled and nodded at her.

"Of course, like Hugo, Desmond sent me his gift," I said as I showed her my earrings.

"He got you gold earrings?" She asked as I nodded.

"Yup, and I'm wearing them tonight for the party," I said as she smiled.

"I think that's a great idea. Besides, it will show Desmond that you love his gift and are willing to always shine it with your beauty," she said as I smiled.

"Thanks, Sofia," I said as I hugged her.

'Shit, the party!' I thought as we parted from the hug.

"Damn, we're probably running late now," I said as I continued to finish the last couple of touches as I looked at Sofia from my vanity.

"Sofia, we better get going, or we'll be late," I said as she nodded and headed out of my room.

"Let me just place this in my room; I'll be back in a second," she said as I nodded and finished the last touches as I stood and walked out of my room.

"Ready?" I asked as she nodded, and we went to the ballroom where the Wassalia party would be held.

"There you two are; Dad was getting a bit worried and sent me to come and find you two," said James, smiling as I rolled my eyes and Sofia giggled.

"Oh, James, we were just finishing last-minute details and having a small sister bonding time," said Sofia as I smiled.

"Are you sure Sof? I mean, we both know Amber has a history of taking a long time to get ready," he said, smirking as I rolled my eyes and shook my head.