Chapter 46

King Garrick

"Sit down, children; I think it's time I tell you the story about me, King Frederick, and my late wife, Queen Elizabeth," I said as they looked at me in shock.

"It all started back when I was at Royal Prep myself, along with many of your parents," I said as they listened, and I continued to tell them the story.

Flashback

Garrick had just arrived at royal prep and stood outside his carriage, looking at the strange school and then at his surroundings.

He was the new kid at royal prep and honestly didn't know how to feel about that.

All his life, he had been inside his kingdom and never took a step outside; his father hired private tutors to teach him and his brother.

However, his mother never agreed from the beginning and had enough after Garrick turned 8.

Even though it was against his father's wishes, she managed to convince him to send him to royal prep; that way, he made some new friends.

But Garrick wasn't interested in making friends. He tends to keep to himself often, and when he wants to play with the other kids in his village, they prefer to play with his brother.

So, he is sure these kids won't want to play with him either way.

His brother was to start Royal Prep, but his father decided against it. He said Royal Prep wouldn't teach them what they needed, so he provided them with private tutors.

Garrick didn't seem to mind; he loved it, but his mother soon disapproved of it because she feared he wouldn't have a normal childhood.

This is why she sent him to Royal Prep. He made his way to the office, where they handed him his schedule and gave him a tour of the school.

After that, the school bell rang, and he was off to his first class; soon, lunchtime came, and he was exactly where he said he would be.

He was sitting alone, eating lunch, and reading a book. He said he didn't mind it but found it ridiculous to do this here when he could do it at home.

"Ahem?" Said a voice as he Ignored it and continued to read his book.

"Ahem?" Repeated the voice as he looked up from his book to see a pale, chestnut, red-haired girl with sparkling green eyes.

"Hi, I'm Princess Elizabeth," she said, smiling as he frowned at her.

"What's your name?" She asked, smiling as he continued to frown at her.

"Prince Garrick," he said, continuing to look down at his book before returning to his reading.

"You're new here, aren't you?" She asked as he nodded and continued to look at his book.

"Would you like to come sit with me and my friends? We're just about to eat lunch," she said as he looked up at her again.

"I'm sorry, but I just ate and am on my way to the library," said Garrick as she looked slightly disappointed.

"We'll maybe next time then," she said as he looked up at her and then at his book.

"Goodbye, Princess Elizabeth," he said as he closed his book, grabbed his tray, and headed toward the library.

"Bye, Garrick," said the young princess. She stared at the poor boy and wondered why he was so cold.

"Elizabeth, are you coming?" Asked her friend Lorelei as she nodded.