Chapter 38

A Few days later

Princess Victoria

It had been a few days since I healed Hugo's head, and nothing; actually, he seemed to stop moaning in pain.

But now the issue is that he isn't moving at all. He's very still; he's been like that for a few days.

I worry that he has gone into a coma; this necessarily isn't a bad thing because it might be that his rain needs to rest up.

The bad thing is that when people go into a coma, they don't wake up, or if they do, they aren't the same.

Medicine has yet to come very far; people tend to rely on magic here to be healed. The only problem with that is that magic comes with a prize.

The prize isn't the same; as I said, they either wake up in pain or in worse condition that they would rather be dead than alive.

'No, no, no, Victoria, stop thinking like that. Hugo is going to be fine, he is going to wake up, and everything will be fine, yes.' I told myself as I smiled.

'Then he will be yours, forever,' I thought to myself as I giggled.

Sadly, I was walking towards the village alone; I had to leave him back at the cave for a while. Even though I didn't want to, I had to come to get more food and medicine for him.

I had to make myself a coat, and I had thought about making it invisible. However, I also thought it wasn't a good idea; it could lead to suspicion.

I don't need people suspecting or having them spread the word and having it reach my father.

I know that for the moment, he must be mad as heck with Alestine and debating whether he should kill him or not.

But I know my father won't kill him until he's absolutely sure he won't need him anymore; however, Alestine is a rat and a pawn, so he's very useful to us.

As I arrived at the village, I pulled the head cover of my coat even further so no one could see me; anyone else would think I was protecting myself from the heat.

It took me about 20 minutes to get everything I needed, and then I headed back to my place; I decided to go early at dawn so no one I knew would recognize me.

Even though they won't because I rarely left the castle when I was younger or now, and the only reason was because of school, and it was in a hidden carriage.

Still, I didn't want to take the chance of having one of my father's guards recognize me and tell him.

'He hasn't suffered enough yet,' I thought to myself as I smiled.

As I was walking back, I heard a strange noise; it was like a swoosh of leaves moving. I looked around and saw there was no one there and thought I was just the wind.

Then it happened again, only this time I heard a twig break; it was then I knew someone was following me.

If I ran, I could bump or land in one of their traps, and they'd catch me sooner; if I spoke, it would be the same.

I had no choice but to walk carefully and be prepared for anything; I turned around and looked at my area.

Seeing that there was no one, I decided to turn around and head to my path until I saw him.

"Long way from home, are you, princess?" Asked the general with a smirk.

Of course, it would be him the one to find me; my father probably would have gotten frustrated at the fact that Alestine couldn't find me.