Chapter 27

Coronation day part 2

King Axel

I can't believe it. I was finally king; even better, I was married to the woman I love.

Just like I had promised at the altar to protect and love her, I promise to do the same for our kingdom.

I looked over at my father as we were pronounced the new king and queen and saw that Sofia was sitting with my Dad.

I saw her giving Astrid and me a thumbs-up and a smile as she continued to clap for us like the rest of the people.

I offered my arm to Astrid as she took it, and we walked towards the ballroom, where the rest of the event would occur.

"May I present the new king and queen of Freezenberg, King Axel and Queen Astrid?" Said our steward as people began to clap as we walked in.

We walked towards the middle of the ballroom and turned to face our audience, and for the first time, I felt speechless.

"I want to start by thanking all our friends and family for being here on my wife's and I special day, and I want to thank Freezenberg for accepting us and giving us a chance to rule," I said as I looked over at Astrid.

"We are honored and will do our best to ensure Freezenberg rises." Added Astrid as everyone clapped and began to cheer.

"Now, please help yourselves to food and dance the night away as we celebrate this new era," I said as people clapped and the orchestra started playing.

Soon people began to take their seats, and the food was being served while others started to chat.

I wondered why many hadn't started dancing, and then I remembered what my wife told me, the dance had to be opened by the new king and queen of Freezenberg.

After we ate, I noticed many people were still eating, and I decided that we should at least open the dance floor.

That way, when people were done eating, they could dance if they wanted to.

"May I have this dance?" I asked my wife as I extended my arm, offering my hand as she smiled.

"Of course, my king." She said, smiling as she took my hand, and we began to walk toward the center of the room.

The music began, and we soon began dancing, and soon enough people started to join us, from the youngest to the oldest.

From a far, I could even see my father dancing with Sofia; she seemed to be giggling at something he said as I shook my head.

"What is it, dear?" Sake Astrid as I smiled at her.

"Look over there," I said as she turned to see my Dad and Sofia before looking at me again and frowning.

"My dad is probably telling Sofia something about Hugo and me," I said as she giggled.

"Oh, Axel, don't worry about it. You know your sister will still love you no matter what." She said as I smiled.

"I know, dear, but it's still embarrassing," I said as she giggled.

Once the dance ended, we headed toward my Dad and Sofia.

"Hello, sister-in-law," I said as she excitedly turned around and smiled at us.

"Congratulations, brother; I'm glad you finally came to your senses and married a good girl, and now you guys are the new rulers." She said as she gave us each a hug.

"Thank you, Sofia," said Astrid smiling as I frowned.

"What do you mean 'came to my senses?' I've always been in my senses." I said dramatically as Dad and Astrid laughed.