Chapter 67

One week later

Princess Sofia

I rolled to the side of my bed, watched the sun out my window, and then at my wedding dress.

I was officially in Whelsire. Yesterday, I came with all my stuff and spent the night here since the wedding was to take place here.

It was hard to say goodbye to everyone in the village and the castle staff; they became like my family.

But now it was time for me to move into my new chapter; although I moved to Whelsire, I didn't feel alone.

My animal friends came with me and agreed to follow and stay with me; Ruby, Jade, and Lucinda also came to spend the night since the wedding was the next day.

We had a royal sleepover, as they call it, or as Amber says, my last night as a single woman.

Obviously, Dad wanted to offer them their own private room, but we all agreed it wasn't necessary for the sleepover.

I looked at my friends, still sleeping, and couldn't help but giggle; it was then that I hatched a brilliant idea.

As I slowly got up, I could hear commotion from outside. That's when I thought they must get everything for the wedding.

This means Izzie should be here soon with the rest of the maids to wake us up and help us dress.

As I said before, my dress was ready in my room while my bridesmaid's dresses were being ironed for today.

As I got up, I quickly got near one of the girls with my pillow and began preparing it; I lifted it and smiled.

"Pillow fight!" I yelled happily as my pillow began to hit the girls, waking them up.

Then they woke up, grabbed a pillow each, and joined in the pillow fight.

"No fair!" Said Ruby as she tried to get a pillow.

"You're going down, Sofia," said Lucinda, smirking.

We were having so much fun until we heard a knock at the door; as soon as we stopped, the door opened to reveal Izzie and a few maids with our breakfast.

"Good morning, girls," said Izzie as we all smiled and hid our pillows behind our backs, hoping she wouldn't notice.

"Good morning, Izzie," I said as she frowned at us.

"Getting yourself into trouble, are you girls?" Asked Izzie, smirking at us as we shook our heads.

"Being adventurous is more like it," said Lucinda as we all giggled.

"Girls," said Izzie, but Jade stopped her.

"We know, Izzie, we know. It's not a princess-like thing to do," she said as Izzie smiled at us.

"I was going to say next time you should let me know to join," said Izzie as the girl's eyes widened, and I smiled.

Izzie was like us. She was proper, but above all, she was very fun to be around. She really reminded me of my Mom.

"You're on," said Ruby as we all laughed.

"Alright, girls, finish your breakfast because we have so much to do after," said Izzie as we nodded.

We took seats at my small table in my room as they served us our breakfast, and we began eating.

"Are the dresses ready, Izzie?" I asked her as she nodded.

"They're bringing them up right now, Sofia," she said as I smiled.

"Excited for today, Sofia?" Asked Ruby as I nodded.