Chapter 39

Two days later

King Frederick

It had been two days, and neither the General nor Alestine had returned; this wasn't a good sign, and this honestly scared me.

"Father?" Said a voice as I turned to see it was my son Louis.

"Louis, my son, how are you?" I asked him as he smiled at me.

"I'm alright, father. Have you heard any news on my sister yet?" he asked as I smiled at him.

"As a matter of fact, yes, she sent us this letter," I said as I showered him with a letter I had created to match my daughter's handwriting.

He took it, began to read it, nodded his head, and then looked up and smiled at me.

"This is excellent news, Father; she tells us she is happy and safe and wonders why she hated nature in the first place," he said, smiling as I nodded.

"You have to remember your sister is a princess, and most of them are into fashion and jewelry; they aren't interested in what we men do," I said, standing up straight as my son nodded.

"You're right, father. However, I think there is one exception," he said as I frowned, confused.

"Sofia isn't like that," he said as I nodded.

"Sofia isn't like all those princesses; remember, she goes for adventure all the way," he said, smiling as I rolled my eyes.

"So I've heard, son," I say as he smiles.

"How has that gone, by the way?" I asked him as he shrugged.

"Well, you know, father, she loves and is engaged to the crowned prince Hugo of Whelsire," he said as I frowned, and he smiled at me.

"News travels fast, Father," he said as I frowned.

"Then I heard you have also heard about the news," I said, slightly smirking.

"What news, father?" He asked as I looked at him, surprised.

"You haven't heard?" I said, shocked as he shook his head.

"Apparently, the prince has been missing for some time now," I said as my son looked at me in shock.

"He went into war, and then one night everything turned into chaos, he disappeared, and no one knows where he is or if he's alive," I finished as he covered his mouth.

"Sofia must be worried," he said as I smiled at him.

"Yes, she must be. She could also use a good friend like you, son," I said, smirking as he frowned.

"If you want me to do what I think you want, you can forget about it, Father," he said, shaking his head as I rolled my eyes.

"Why not Louis? All you're doing is providing her support?" I said as he shook his head.

"I tried to do it once a while back..." he said as this surprised me.

"When?" I asked him as he looked down.

"When it was King Axel and Queen Astrid's wedding, and it ended badly if I didn't stop myself, I swear I don't know what would have become of me," he started as I smiled.

I couldn't be prouder of my son. It was his 'evil side,' as his mom would call it, that was finally responding.

"So, no, father, I'm not doing to do any of that. Not until I know for sure Hugo is dead; otherwise, that won't be noble of me," he said as I rolled my eyes and placed my hand toward my face.