Chapter 77

One week later

King Hugo

"Hugo, oh King Hugo," said a familiar voice.

'Oh no, no, not again!' I thought as I looked around but saw no one.

I was dreaming again, and this nightmare was occurring again in front of what looked like a forest with white clouds.

"Hugo," repeated the voice as I turned around and saw nothing.

"Who's there? Show yourself!" I said as there was a slight chuckle in the voice.

"I am an old friend," said the voice as I frowned.

"You are no friend of mine!" I exclaimed as the voice chuckled.

"Oh, but I am, and I am here to tell you that you made a terrible mistake," said the voice as I got angry.

"If this is about my wife, you can forget it. I won't hear it!" I said as I heard a chuckle.

Then I saw a small swirl forming into human form; it was weird yet impressive. In front of me stood a man made of clouds. I think.

This was new. Before, I just heard the voice, and this time, I didn't; I still couldn't see the man.

It was then I looked at him, raised my eyebrow, and cleared my throat for him as I looked at the shadow with my eyes narrowed.

"Hugo, there really is a mistake," he said calmly as I shook my head.

"No, no, I won't hear of it; you're lying; I know you are!" I exclaimed as the figure moved its head.

"Walk towards the light, and I'll show you," said the voice as I shook my head.

"No, that's a lie; you made that up!" I said as the figure shook its head.

"We can predict the future, Hugo; I am simply warning you," said the voice as I frowned at him.

While I walked, I saw nothing but clear white skies and white clouds; it was then I reached a lake.

"Look down," said the voice as I looked at the water and saw Sofia and me smiling.

"It's my wife and I; look at us smiling and being happy," I said as the voice began again.

"Yes, you're happy now, but when her true love approaches, she will then know what real love is," said the voice as I felt myself get angry.

"No, you're lying!" I said as the figure shook his head.

"I am not Hugo, and her true love is close to finding her," he said as I shook my head. I didn't know if this was real or not, but I didn't want to know.

"I am sorry, Hugo, but you two are not destined to be together. Both your true lovers will appear," said the voice as I shook my head and began to walk back.

'No, this is not possible!' I thought to myself as I tried to walk towards the figure man but couldn't.

I wanted to move towards him, but no matter how many times I told my body to walk, I couldn't.

It was almost as if I was being controlled and commanded not to move despite what I wanted my body to do.

"As soon as she sees her true love, she will leave you," said the voice as I shook my head.

"No, you're lying!" I exclaimed as the voice shook its head.

"No, and the same applies to you; once you see your true love, you will forget about her," said the voice as I shook my head.