Chapter 16

Prince Hugo

As soon as I saw the look on Sofia's face, I knew automatically that she wanted to come with me. 

But I couldn't let her go with me; if something happened to her, I couldn't forgive myself.

"I'm sorry, Sofia, it's too dangerous; please stay here," I said as she smiled and nodded at me.

I knew she didn't like it; she was about adventure and helping people, but I couldn't risk her safety with everything going on.

"We'll wait for you here, champ," Said Dad as I nodded, hopped on my horse like Axel, and began towards the fire.

First, the attack on Sofia, now our lands. This was definitely an attack on our kingdom; there was no doubt the bandits were back.

As Axel and I approached the fire, our horses became scared, and we were having a bit of difficulty calming them down.

As they calmed down, we hopped off them as the wagon arrived, and we started to put out the fire with blankets and water.

"This fire is difficult. Your majesty doesn't seem to want to calm down," said a farmer as I nodded.

"We need to stop the fire from the inside," I said as they all nodded. I grabbed a bucket of water and was about to walk in when someone tugged me from behind.

"Are you crazy?" Exclaimed Axel as I nodded.

"Axel, we need to stop it from the inside, or the fire will continue to spread," I said as he hesitated for a Moment.

"Fine, but I'm coming with you." He said as I nodded.

We began throwing water from the buckets, and as many tried to stop it with the blankets, the fire slowly began to disappear.

At last, we were able to control and stop the fire; once it was mostly gone, I went over to the wagon and began giving water to the guards and farmers.

"Thank you, your majesty. Thanks to your help, we were able to control the fire." Said a farmer as I smiled.

"We really are lucky to have a kind prince like you." Said another as I shook my head.

"I'm the one who's lucky to have great citizens who are willing to help one another," I said to them as they smiled.

I turned around to look at Axel when I suddenly saw a figure move; at first, I thought it was my eyes messing around with me.

But then I saw it again; the figure moved, which caused me to frown, and I decided to head toward the figure. As I was running towards the figure, I heard a familiar voice.

"Hugo, what are you doing?" Exclaimed Axel.

"There's someone over there," I said as he followed me.

As we were getting closer to the figure, the person began to run, and then when we stopped, he heard silence. 

Nothing was heard, not even the pace of the footsteps we heard before that was until.

"Ouch!" Exclaimed a voice as Axel and I turned around and ran towards that direction.

We stopped when we saw someone on the floor trying to stand up; it was a young girl. I looked over at Axel as he nodded.

"Here, let me help you," I said as I helped the young girl get up.

"Thank you. You're very kind." She said, smiling at me.

"Who are you?" Asked Axel.

"Forgive me, sir; I was just walking by when someone raced past me and pushed me down." Said the girl.