Chapter 69

One month later

Queen Sofia

It had been a month since we'd been back, and we had received visits from many of our friends and gifts from many kingdoms.

I guess it was a way for them to welcome us into royal life; they have showered us with many beautiful paintings and vases.

In addition, I have been invited to many tea parties; I have attended some but not all of them.

The reason for that is because I have yet to learn many of them, and I am still studying to get to know who they are and how they are connected to Whelsire.

I have written so many thank you letters for the gifts and offers of their tea parties that it has become easy for me to write them.

During my time here, I have done many things related to the kingdom; for instance, I have read many books to learn about Whelsire.

Thankfully, I haven't been doing that alone, either. When possible, I have gotten plenty of help from Izzie, Dad, and Hugo.

I want to know all about the history of Whelsire, along with its current state, to be able to help my kingdom and its people.

When I'm not studying or attending tea party events, I spend time at the village with the children in the orphanage.

If I'm being honest, though, I would rather spend time with the children than at the tea parties because one actually helps my kingdom.

Even though having tea is nice, many of them gossip and don't like to talk about the kingdom's situations.

Amber and Vivian are the only people I can talk to about anything like that; however, it's been a few days since I've seen them.

The good thing, however, was that I would see them today at Jade and Prince Derek's wedding.

I looked to my left to see Hugo still fast asleep; it was early in the morning, and if I recall, he had a late night.

He's been telling me that most kingdoms want to make trade requests with Whelsire because of its high position.

Especially now because we are allied with Enchancia because of the marriage union, as Enchancia was with Zumaria.

Hugo told me that it was difficult to ally with Zumaria because of his history with James. Thankfully, Vivian and I convinced James that this would benefit both kingdoms.

I slightly brushed his head and caressed his cheek as I saw his eyebrows furrow slightly; I then kissed him on the lips.

As soon as I did, I felt him respond quickly; it was then, as we parted from the kiss, that I saw my smile.

"Well, that's an amazing way to wake up," he said as I smiled.

"Good morning to you too, husband," I said as he smiled.

"Good morning, Sof," he said as he brought me closer to him and hugged me.

"I wish we could stay like this for the rest of the day," he said, smiling as I nodded.

"Sorry, your Highness, but not today; we have a big day today," I said as he nodded.

"That's right, we have a wedding to attend," he said as I nodded.

"But we could have breakfast in bed?" I asked, smirking as he smiled at me.

"I like that idea," he said as I giggled.

"Good, because I already gave the order," I said as he shook his head, smiling.

"What about Dad?" He's asked as I shook my head.